This file includes ages, century, decade, months, seasons, week and weekend, and year. See also Time, Sun, Moon, Stars, and Weather.
Songs about Ages
- Age of Computers - Interface (2006)
- Age of Reptiles - Peter Rodgers Melnick (2006)
- Computer Age - Nate Ashley (2000)
- Denim Age, The - The Bakelite Age (2005)
- Living in the Plastic Age - The Buggles (1979)
- Sensitive New Age Guys - Christine Lavin (2001)
- Genius always finds itself a century too early. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century. (Mark Twain)
- The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next. (Henry Ward Beecher)
- The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out, the conservative adopts them. (Mark Twain)
- Whatever doesn't really happen is dreamed at night. It happens to one if it doesn't happen to another, tomorrow if not today, or a century hence if not next year. (Isaac Bashevis)
Songs about Centuries
- 18th Century Music Box - Johnny Desmond (1957)
- In an Eighteenth Century Drawing Room - Raymond Scott (1950)
- Last Days of the Century - Al Stewart (1988)
- Turn of the Century - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (1989)
- Twentieth Century Drawing Room - Kokomo (1961)
- Twentieth Century Drifter - Marty Robbins (1973)
- Twentieth Century Fox - The Doors (1967)
- Decade - Jake Nicholls (2009)
- Decade and One - Vienna Teng (2002)
- Decade Null - Laibach (2007)
- Decades - Monument (2008)
- Fourth Decade - 707 (2006)
- Lost Decade - Alex Chilton (1985)
- Passing Decades - Rory Ridley-Duff (2006)
- Second Decade - Sinner (2000)
For specific months see Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter
Through the Year
(Flora Willis Watson)
January falls the snow,
February cold winds blow,
In March peep out the early flowers,
And April comes with sunny showers.
In May the roses bloom so gay,
In June the farmer mows his hay,
In July brightly shines the sun,
In August harvest is begun.
September turns the green leaves brown,
October winds then shake them down,
November fills with bleak and smear,
December comes and ends the year.
January brings the snow;
Makes our feet and fingers glow.
February brings the rain,
Thaws the frozen lake again.
March brings breezes, loud and shrill,
To stir the dancing daffodil.
April brings the primrose sweet,
Scatters daisies at our feet.
May brings flocks of pretty lambs
Skipping by their fleecy dams.
June brings tulips, lilies, roses,
Fills the children's hands with posies.
Hot July brings cooling showers,
Apricots and gillyflowers.
August brings the sheaves of corn,
Then the harvest home is borne.
Warm September brings the fruit;
Sportsmen then begin to shoot.
Fresh October brings the pheasant,
Then to gather nuts is pleasant.
Dull November brings the blast;
Then the leaves are whirling fast.
Chill December brings the sleet,
Blazing fire and Christmas treat.
January cold and desolate;
February dripping wet;
March wind ranges;
Birds sing in tune
to flowers of May,
And sunny June
Brings longest day;
In scorched July
the storm-clouds fly,
August bears corn,
In rough October
Earth must disrobe her;
Stars fall and shoot
In keen November;
And night is long
And cold is strong
In bleak December.
Songs about Months
- Five Months From Midnight - Michael Brecker (2007)
- It's the Thirteenth of the Month - Melina Mercouri (1995)
- Love of the Month Club - Connie Stevens (1960)
- Month of May, The - Larry Hosford (1974)
- My girl the month of May - Dion and the Belmonts (1966)
- Too Much Month at the End of the Money - Billy Hill (1989)
- Twelve Months of the Year - Harvey Fuqua (1959)
Poems for the Months
Even if you don't intend to make a Perpetual Sentiments Album you might want to look at the file. Many of the verses would go well on a page of miscellaneous photos from a particular month. Or you could do a double page spread of photos to summarize a year at the beginning or end of an album.
See also Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter
- Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each. (Henry David Thoreau)
- To everything there is a season.
- There is no season such delight can bring
As summer, autumn, winter and the spring.
- To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring. (George Santayana)
Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall
There are seasons, four in all.
Weather changes, sun and rain and snow,
Leaves fall down and flowers grow.
Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall
There are seasons, four in all.
Look outside and you will see
Just what season it will be!
Spring is showery,
Summer is hoppy,
Autumn is slippy,
Winter is breezy,
(Dilys Bennett Laing)
I walked on a snow-bank that squeaked like leather,
Or two wooden spoons that you rub together.
I walked on green moss and brown earth, sprouting
With little grass blades on their first spring outing.
I walked on blossoms and cool, green cresses,
And grass that rustled like silken dresses.
I walked on bracken, and dry leaves after,
That flamed with color and crackled with laughter.
I walked on the earth as the seasons came,
And under my feet it was never the same!
Wishing for Tomorrow
To see the tulips peek their heads
To see the green of lawns
To feel the warmth of quiet sunshine
To see the your foals romping
But this is winter and I long for spring.
To have a picnic in the park
To see the harvest fields of grain
To see the visitors to the mountain
To ride horseback up the trails
But this is spring and I long for summer.
To see the changing colors of the leaves
To see the children waiting for the bus
To feel the crispness in the air
To see the frost on the garden
But this is summer and I long for fall.
To see the beautiful banks of snow
To see the Christmas lights on trees
To spend some time on the ski slopes
To enjoy a long President's Day weekend
But this is fall and I long for winter.
To wish for seasons still to come
To wish away one's life.
How much better to enjoy the seasons as they are
Than always wishing for tomorrow.
Songs about Seasons
- Brand New Season - Dick St. John (1968)
- Changing of the Seasons, The - Shel Silverstein (1967)
- Like the Seasons - Kay Austin (1980)
- Season of Joy - Mark Schatz (2006)
- Seasons - Steve Miller Blues Band (1969)
- Seasons Change - Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer (1997)
- Seasons Come, Seasons Go - Bobbie Gentry (1970)
- Seasons in the Sun - Terry Jacks (1974)
- Seasons of Change - Richie Furay (1982)
- Seasons of My Heart - Johnny Cash (1960)
- Sweet Seasons - Carole King (1972)
- Till the Season Comes Round Again - Amy Grant (1999)
- Time of the Season - Phoenix (1977)
- Turn Turn Turn, To Everything There is a Season - Byrds (1965)
- Be in the habit of getting up bright and early on the weekends. Why waste such precious time in bed? (Marilyn vos Savant)
- Find a job you like and you add five days to every week. (H. Jackson Brown, Jr.)
- How come anything you buy will go on sale next week? (Erma Bombeck)
- The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend. (Chuck Palahniuk)
- Someday is not a day of the week.
- There are two days in the week about which and upon which I never worry... Yesterday and Tomorrow. (Robert Jones Burdette)
- There aren't enough days in the weekend. (Rod Schmidt)
- There is little chance that meteorologists can solve the mysteries of weather until they gain an understanding of the mutual attraction of rain and weekends. (Arnot Sheppard)
- Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. (Bill Watterson)
End of the Weekend
Your hair may be brushed, but your mind's untidy.
You've had about seven hours of sleep since Friday.
No wonder you feel that lost sensation.
You're sunk from a riot of relaxation.
Songs about Weeks
- Anthem (One Day in Every Week) - The New Seekers (1978)
- Eight Days a Week - The Beatles (1965)
- Every Night in the Week - Christine Kittrell (1953)
- Forty Hour Week for a Livin' - Alabama (1985)
- I Spent a Week There One Day - Carl Belew (1965)
- In a Week or Two - Diamond Rio (1992)
- Next Week Sometime - Dave Alvin (1986)
- One Week from Today - Shep and the Limelites (1960)
- One Week Later - Webb Pierce and Kitty Wells (1958)
- Saturday Night is the Loneliest Night of the Week - Herman (1945)
- Seven Days a Week - The Demensions (1961)
- Six Times a Week and Twice on Sunday - Wakely and Whiting (1950)
- Six Weeks Every Summer - Terri Hollowell (2007)
- Three Nights a Week - Ruby Falls (1978)
- Two Weeks and a Day - Joe Stampley (1971)
- Week From Tuesday, A - The Pastel Six (1963)
- Week in a County Jail, A - Tom T. Hall (1970)
- Week in the Country, A - Ernie Ashworth (1964)
- Wish it Was Saturday Night All Week Long - Johnny Burnette (1963)
Songs about Weekends
- Another Lonely Weekend - The Drifters (1976)
- Beautiful Weekend - Ernie Freeman (1957)
- Happy Weekend - Dave Cortez (1962)
- Just Another Weekend - Paul Shuttleworth (1979)
- Livin' for the Weekend - The O'Jays (1976)
- Lonely Weekend - J. Page, J. Jones and J. Bonham (2000)
- Lonely Weekends - Micky Dolenz (1998)
- One More Day of Weekend - Jason and the Scorchers (1995)
- Only on Weekends - Don Gant (1963)
- Over the Weekend - The Searchers (1969)
- Seven-Day Weekend - Gary U. S. Bonds (1962)
- Victim of a Holiday Weekend - Ott Stephens (1960)
- Weakness for the Weekend - Pirates of the Mississippi (1995)
- Week End - The Kingsmen (1958)
- Weekend, The - Steve Wariner (1987)
- Weekend Ellie - Benny Martin (1965)
- Weekend Friend - Con Hunley (1978)
- Weekend in New England - Barry Manilow (1976)
- Weekend's Here, The - Chubby Checker (1964)
- Whole Lot of Fun Before This Weekend is Done - Milton (1967)
- Wild Water-Skiing Weekend - Tommy Roe (1964)
- Wild Weekend - Bill Anderson (1968)
- Workin' for the Weekend - Ken Mellons (1995)
A year is a circle
Twelve months in a row.
Filled with so much,
To see and to know.
A year is a garland
Four seasons in all.
A spring and a winter;
A summer, a fall.
A year is a ring
Of new days and nights.
Each of them bringing
A thousand delights.
A year is a gift of time . . .
All brand new
And this year is waiting
Especially for you!
Songs about Years
- 19 Somethin' - Mark Wills (2003)
- 40-Something Years - T.J. Klay (2007)
- 1900 Yesterday - Betty Everett (1969)
- 1927 Kansas City Judy Lynn (1971)
- 1959 - John Anderson (1981)
- 1969 - Keith Stegall (1996
- 1973 - James Blunt (2007)
- 1982 - Randy Travis (1986)
- 1984 - Spirit (1970)
- After All These Years - Bob Haworth (2003)
- After Twenty Years of Marriage - Bill Engvall (2002)
- All These Years - Sawyer Brown (1993)
- All Those Wonderful Years - Johnny Desmond (1941)
- All Those Years Ago - George Harrison (1981)
- As the Years Go Passing By - David Bromberg (1980)
- At the Turning of the Year - Herdman, Hills and Mangsen (2000)
- Best Year of My Life, The - Eddie Rabbitt (1984)
- Best Years of My Life, The - Doug Kershaw (1973)
- Best Years of Our Lives - Baha Men (2002)
- Beyond These Years - The Oak Ridge Boys (1989)
- Bluest Heartache of the Year - Kenny Dale (1977)
- Dayton, Ohio 1903 - Harry Nilsson (1970)
- Dream of the Year - Jimmy Elledge (1964)
- Each Minute Seems a Million Years - Eddy Arnold (1945)
- Eleven Years Ago - James O'Gwynn (1966)
- End of Another Year, The - Bob Zentz (2007)
- Every Day is Like a Year - Eugene 'Sam' Pitt (1962)
- Fallin' for You for Years - Conway Twitty (1986)
- Fifteen Years Ago - Conway Twitty (1970)
- Fifteen Years Ago Today - Jimmie Rodgers (1933)
- Fifty Years Ago - Rob Ickes (2002)
- Fifty Years From Now - Andy Denton (1999)
- Fifty Years Repentin' - Dick Robertson (1932)
- Finally Next Year - The Ides of March (1998)
- Five Long Years - Kim Wilson (1997)
- Five Years - Ken Curtis (1958)
- Five Years in Prison - Roy Hall (1949)
- Forty Years - Tom Fogerty (1972)
- Forty Years of Trouble - The Southern Grass (2001)
- Four Years Older Than Me - Dr. Hook (1972)
- Golden Years - David Bowie (1975)
- Good Year for the Roses, A - Elvis Costello (1994)
- Happenings 10 Years Time Ago - Yardbirds (1966)
- Hundred Years From Now, A - Daryl Mosley (2005)
- Hundred Years from Today, A - Midwest All Stars (2004)
- I.G.Y. (International Geophysical Year) - Donald Fagen (1982)
- I Haven't Seen Mary in Years - The Kentucky Ramblers (2002)
- I Haven't Seen Me in Years - Johnnie Allan (1972)
- I Still Love You After All These Years - Glaser Brothers (1982)
- I'd Wait a Million Years - The Grass Roots (1969)
- In a Hundred Years - Slim Whitman (1961)
- In the Summer of His Years - Chad Mitchell Trio (1963)
- In the Year 2000 - Estelle Bennett (1969)
- In the Year 2525 - Zager and Evans (1969)
- In the Year You've Been Gone - Teddi King (1953)
- It Ain't the Years, It's the Miles - Chris LeDoux (1983)
- It Was a Very Good Year - Della Reese (1966)
- It's That Time of Year - Len Barry (1966)
- Just One Year - The Callahan Brothers (1948)
- Leap Year Blues - Big Bill Broonzy (1940)
- Leap Year Cha Cha - The Dukes (1959)
- Let's Start the New Year Right - Bing Crosby (1943)
- Light Years - Kathy Valentine (2005)
- Living Years, The - Mike and the Mechanics (1989)
- Long Year - Todd Snider (2000)
- Love Won't Wear Off as the Years Wear on - J.R. Bailey (1968)
- Loveliest Night of the Year - Mario Lanza (1951)
- Many Years Ago - Russ Barenberg (1987)
- Million Years or So, A - Eddy Arnold (1963)
- Morning of the Year, The - Paper Angels (2000)
- My Next Thirty Years - Tim McGraw (2000)
- Never in a Million Years - Linda Scott (1962)
- Next Year - Foo Fighters (2000)
- Nights, Winters, Years - John Lodge and Justin Hayward (1975)
- Nineteen-Sixty Something Songwriter of the Year - The Tennesseans (1978)
- Ninety-Nine Years - Jesse Fuller (1963)
- Oh, How the Years Go By - Vanessa Lynn Williams (1998)
- Oh, So Many Years - Webb Pierce and Kitty Wells (1957)
- One Day Next Year - The Heartbeats (1958)
- One Hundred Years from Now - Byron Berline Band (2001)
- One Hundred Years of Solitude - Jane Wiedlin (1985)
- One Million Years - The Heartbeats (1959)
- One Million Years - Robin Gibb (1969)
- One More Year of Daddy's Little Girl - Ray Sawyer (1976)
- Precious Years - Glenn Reeves (1957)
- Reelin' in the Years - Steely Dan (1973)
- Ringing in a Brand New Year - The Dominoes (1953)
- Rockin' Years - Ricky Van Shelton and Dolly Parton (1991)
- See You Next Year - The Cleftones (1957)
- September of My Years, The - Frank Sinatra (1966)
- Seven-Year Ache - Rosanne Cash (1981)
- Seven-Year Blues - The Louvin Brothers (1949)
- Seven Years With the Wrong Man - Zora Layman (1933)
- Seven Years With the Wrong Woman - Eddy Arnold (1952)
- Shades of '63 - Mickey Newbury (1996)
- Six-Year Drought - James McMurtry (2005)
- Spring Will Be a Little Late This Year - Ralph Flanagan (1950)
- Still Crazy After All These Years - Paul Simon (1976)
- Ten Long Years - B.B. King (1955)
- Ten Years - The Texas Playboys (1942)
- Ten Years Ago - Buddy Guy (1974)
- Ten Years of Calico - Bob Carlin (1996)
- Ten Years of Tears - Nancy Wilson (1967)
- Ten Years of This - Gary Stewart (1977)
- That Was Years Ago - Slim Dusty (1985)
- These Wasted Years - The Maddox Brothers and Rose (1953)
- Thirty Year Waltz, The - Terry Allen (1979)
- Thirty-Two Years - Clyde Beavers (1966)
- This is My Year for Mexico - Crystal Gayle (1975)
- This Time Next Year - The Demensions (1964)
- Those Four Precious Years - Ray Smith (1962)
- Those Wonderful Years - Webb Pierce (1964)
- Thousand Years Ago, A - Kris Tyler (1998)
- Three Years in Nebraska - Kate Jacobs (1995)
- Through the Years - Ronnie Gilbert and Holly Near (1996)
- Twelve Months of the Year - Harvey Fuqua (1959)
- Twenty Years Ago - Jeffrey Steele (2005)
- Twenty Years and Two Husbands Ago - Lee Ann Womack (2005)
- Twenty Years Later - Al Tousan (1962)
- Twilight Years - Melba Montgomery (1967)
- Two-Year Old Attitude - Ryan Shupe and the RubberBand (1996)
- Welcome in Another Year - Zoe Mulford (2009)
- What are You Doing New Year's Eve? - Lee Ann Womack (2002)
- Year Ago Tonight, A - Doug Sahm (1963)
- Year at a Time, A - Kevin Denney (2003)
- Year of Our Love, The - Tommy Leonetti (1959)
- Year of the Cat - Al Stewart (1976)
- Year of the Dragon - Sufjan Stevens (2002)
- Year of the Swine - To the Bone (2008)
- Year That Clayton Delaney Died, The - Tom T. Hall (1971)
- Years - Barbara Mandrell (1980)
- Years - Wayne Newton (1980)
- Years After You - John Conlee (1984)
- Years Ago - The Statler Brothers (1981)
- Years and Years Ago - The Dinning Sisters (1947)
- Years From Here - Baker and Myers (1995)
- Years From Now - Dr. Hook (1980)
- Years Later - Steve Kuhn (2002)
- Years of Tears - Ronnie Dove (1966)
- Your Seventh Year - Dale Ward (1967)
- Zillion Years, A - Mr. T Experience (1996)