Also see Cat Poems, Cat Humor, Humorous Cat Poems and Pets.
- A-Mews-ing _____
- Alley Cat
- Animal Farm
- Animal House
- Barn Cat
- Blessed are the PURR at Heart
- The Cat in the Hat
- The Cat's Meow
- Cats are Designated Friends.
- Cats are Purr in Heart.
- Cats Make Purrfect Friends.
- Cats Leave Paw Prints on Your Heart
- Cats Understand the Importance of a Nap
- Cool Cat
- Cool, Cool Kitty
- Curious Cat
- A Dog is a Dog , but a Cat is a Purrrrson
- A Dog is Prose, a Cat is a Poem.
- Every Life Should Have Nine Cats.
- Everybody Wants to be a Cat
- Fabulous Feline
- Friends Fur-ever
- Fur-ever friends
- A Furry Merry Christmas and Happy Mew year!
- Here, Kitty, Kitty
- Home is Where Your Cat is
- I'm Im'paw'sable
- I'm Not Rude, I've Got Cat-i-tude
- In This House the Cat's in Charge
- It's a Cat's Life
- Kitten on the Keys
- Kitty in the Basket
- Kitty Kat
- Kitty, Kitty
- Kitty Sittin' Pretty
- Let Sleeping Dogs Lie.
- Love Me, Love My Cat
- Meow Spoken Here
- My Fur-vorite
- Never Try to Out-Stubborn a Cat!
- Pawsitively Purrfect
- Purr-fectly Sweet
- Purrfectly Entwined (cuddling with cat)
- Purrfectly in Tune With Each Other
- Purrr-fectly Wonderful
- Puurr-fect for Each Other
- Purrr-fect Pals
- The Purrfect Way to spend the Day
- Purrpetual Motion (kitten playing)
- Pussy-cat, Pussy-cat, Where Have You Been?
- Pussy Footing Around
- Sitting Pretty With My Kitty
- Them Doggone Cat
- There Are No Ordinary Cats
- There is Always Time for a Cat Nap
- We Love Cats
- When the Cat's Away, the Mice Will Play
- Who Let the Cat Out of the Bag?
- After dark all cats are leopards.
- Any cat-hater can be won over by any cat that chooses to make the effort.
- As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well knows, cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the human mind. (Cleveland Armory)
- As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat. (Ellen Perry Berkeley)
- Books and cats and fair-haired little girls make the best furnishing for a room. (French Proverb)
- A cat can be trusted to purr when she is pleased, which is more than can be said for human beings. (William Ralph Inge)
- A cat can purr its way out of anything.
- A cat determined not to be found can fold itself up like a pocket-handkerchief if it wants to. (Dr. Louis J. Camuti)
- A cat does not want all the world to love her--only those she has chosen to love. (Helen Thomson)
- Cat: Ethereal music wreathed in mystery.
- The cat has too much spirit to have no heart. (Ernest Menaul
- A cat improves the garden wall in sunshine, and the hearth in foul weather.
- A cat is a lion in a jungle of small bushes. (Indian Saying)
- A cat is just a bundle of purr.
- The cat is nature's Beauty. (French Proverb)
- A cat is only domestic so far as suits its own needs.
- The cat my look at a king, they say, but rather would look at a mouse at play. (Arthur Guiterman)
- The cat pretends to sleep that it may see the more clearly. (Chateaubriand)
- The cat: there is nothing sweeter than his peace when at rest, for there is nothing brisker than his life when in motion. (Christopher Smart)
- The cat was created when the lion sneezed.
- Cats always know whether people like or dislike them. They do not always care enough to do anything about it. (Winifred Carriere)
- Cats are absolute individuals, with their own ideas about everything, including the people they own. (John Dingman)
- Cats are always on the wrong side of every door.
- Cats are connoisseurs of comfort. (James Herriot)
- Cats are deep, deep wells you throw all your emotions into.
- Cats are kindly masters, just so long as you remember your place. (Paul Gray)
- Cats are poetry in motion.
- Cats do not go for a walk to get somewhere but to explore. (Sidney Denham)
- Cats don't like change without their consent. (Roger A. Caras)
- A cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. (Irish Legend)
- Cats hate a closed door...regardless of which side they're on. (Lilian Jackson Braun)
- Cats like doors left open, in case they change their minds. (Rosemary Nisbet)
- A cats purr is "meow-sic" to the soul.
- Cats refuse to take the blame for anything - including their own sins. (Elizabeth Peters)
- Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want. (Joseph Wood Krutch)
- Chances are that a man who can nuzzle a kitten is also open and caring in other facets of his life.
- Civilization is defined by the presence of cats.
- Curiosity may have killed the cat, but at least the cat died knowing.
- Heaven will not ever Heaven be; Unless my cats are there to welcome me.
- A house is never perfectly furnished for enjoyment unless there is a child in it rising three years and a kitten rising six weeks. (Robert Southey)
- I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through. (Jules Verne)
- I have never known a cat that couldn't quiet me down just by walking slowly past my chair.
- I have noticed that what cats most appreciate in a human being is not the ability to produce food which they take for granted--but his or her entertainment value. (Geoffrey Household)
- I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. (Hippolyte Taine)
- I love cats because I love my home and after a while they become its visible soul. (Jean Cocteau)
- The ideal of calm exists in a sitting cat.
- If an artist were to design an animal, it would be impossible to improve upon the cat.
- If cats could talk, they wouldn't.
- If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I would put shoes on my cat!
- If stretching were wealth, the cat would be rich. (African Proverb)
- If there is one spot of sun spilling onto the floor, a cat will find it and soak it up.
- If there were to be a universal sound depicting peace, I would surely vote for the purr. (Barbara L. Diamond)
- In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats. (English proverb)
- In these days of tension, human beings can learn a great deal about relaxation from watching a cat, who doesn't just lie down when it is time to rest, but pours his body on the floor and rests in every nerve and muscle. (Murray Robinson)
- It always gives me a shiver when I see a cat seeing what I can't see. (Eleanor Farjeon)
- It doesn't do to be sentimental about cats; the best ones don't respect you for it.
- It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of kittens.
- A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the animal kingdom. (Robert Southey)
- A kitten is chiefly remarkable for rushing about like mad at nothing whatsoever, and generally stopping before it gets there. (Agnes Repplier)
- A kitten is more amusing than half the people one is obliged to live with.
- Kittens are born with their eyes shut. They open them in about six days, take a look around, then close them again for the better part of their lives. (Stephen Baker)
- Kittens are wide-eyed, soft and sweet. With needles in their jaws and feet. (Pam Brown)
- Like a graceful vase a cat--even when motionless--seems to flow.
- The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world.
- "Meow" is like Aloha; it can mean anything.
- My cat does not talk as respectfully to me as I do to her. (Colette)
- My cat kneads me.
- My cat knows the song in my heart and purrs it to me when my memory fails.
- My cat speaks sign language with her tail. (Robert A. Stern)
- My cat wishes you a paws-tively purr-fect christmas
- My next furniture will match my cat.
- NASA describes a quasar as "a body of an inordinate amount of energy for its apparent small size". Quasar would be a perfect name for an energetic little cat.
- Never ask a hungry cat whether he loves you for yourself alone.
- Never say anything bad about another person's cat.
- Next to the cat, I love you best!
- No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. (Leo Dworken)
- No outfit is complete without cat hair!
- Nobody can truly own a cat.
- One cat just leads to another. (Ernest Hemingway)
- One of the reasons kittens are so appealing is that they are so little and so brave.
- The only mystery about the cat is why it ever decided to become a domestic animal. (Sir Compton Mackenzie)
- People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life. (Faith Resnick)
- People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
- Prowling his own quiet backyard or asleep by the fire, he is still only a whisker away from the wilds. (Jean Burden)
- PURR and the world purrs with you; HISS and you hiss alone!
- Purring is the humming sound a cat's body makes when manufacturing cuteness.
- Purring would seem to be, in her case, an automatic safety-valve device for dealing with happiness overflow. (Monica Edwards)
- The real measure of a day's heat is the length of a sleeping cat. (Charles J. Brady)
- She understood now what cat lovers understood. You were with another being who didn't need your approval. (Richard Ben Sapir)
- Since each of us is blessed with only one life, why not live it with a cat?
- The smallest feline is a masterpiece. (Leonardo Da Vinci)
- There are few things in life more heartwarming than to be welcomed by a cat. (Tay Hohoff)
- There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats.
- There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)
- There is, incidentally, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. (Dan Greenberg)
- There is no dealing with a cat who knows you're awake. (Brad Solomon)
- There is no snooze button on a hungry cat.
- There's no need for a piece of sculpture in a home that has a cat.
- This home is blessed with love, laughter, friendship and a cat.
- This house if maintained entirely for the comfort and convenience of our cat.
- This house owned by one spoiled rotten cat.
- They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say: Can he name a kitten? (Samuel Butler)
- Those who will play with cats must expect to be scratched. (Cervantes)
- Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.
- Time spent with cats is never wasted. (Colette)
- To a dog you're family, to a cat you're staff.
- To assume a cat's asleep is a grave mistake.
He can close his eyes and keep both his ears awake.
- To err is human, to purr, feline. (Robert Byrne)
- The trouble with sharing one's bed with cats is that they'd rather sleep on you than beside you. (Pam Brown)
- Truth is like a cat; no matter how you twist it, it lands on it's feet!
- Two cats can live as cheaply as one, and their owner has twice as much fun. (Lloyd Alexander)
- We are all cat toys.
- We humans are indeed fortunate if we happen to be chosen to be owned by a cat.
- When I play with my cat, who knows but that she regards me as a plaything even more than I do her. (Montaigne)
- When it comes to knowing how to relax, cats are the original yoga experts. (Patricia Curtis)
- When you have a cat, everyday is purr-fect
- Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes! (Theophile Gautier)
- With dogs and people it's love in big splashy colors. When you're involved with a cat you're dealing in pastels. I like that about cats. (Louis J. Camuti)
- You can't look at a sleeping cat and be tense.
- You can't own a cat. The best you can do is be partners.
- You don't own your cat, you just give them room and board.
- You haven't really been ignored until you have been ignored by a cat!
- You may own a cat, but cannot govern one. (Kate Sanborn)
- You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats. (American proverb)
FYI--Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds. Dogs only have about ten.
(H. H. Munro)
Confront a child, a puppy and a kitten with sudden danger:
the child will turn instinctively for more assistance,
the puppy will grovel in abject submission,
the kitten will brace its tiny body for a frantic resistance.
(compiled by Donna in MB and Denny Davis)
A - acrobat, active, adorable, allergies, alley cat, amusing
B - bad luck - black cat, basket, beautiful, bed, beloved, bicolor, birds, blue, bobcat, bowl, brown tabby
C - calico, carnivor, carrier, cat nap, cataclism, catastrophe, catnip, captivating, champion, cheetah, classic tabby, claw, climbing, coat, collar, companion, cougar, cub, curious
D - declawing, desert cat, dilute calico, domestic house cat, domesticated??
E - Elizabethan collar, endearing, energetic, enigmatic)
F - fang, feline, feral, ferocious, fish, friend, fur balls, furry, fuzzy
G - German Rex, Golden Siamese; gentle, goofy, graceful, grooming
H - Havana Brown, Himalayan Rex, Honeybear; hairball, halter, hiding, house cat, humane society, hunter
I - independent, indoor, intent, interest
J - jaguar, judging, jumping, jungle, jellicle
K - kitten, kittening box
L - leap, leopard, lion, litter box, long hair, lovable, loving, lynx
M - mackerel tabby, markings, marmelade, meow, milk, mouser, mysterious)
N - nap, naughty, neuter, night vision, nine lives, NO!
O - ocelot, outdoor
P - panther, paws, pedigree, playful, polydactle, pounce, prey, pride, proud, prowl, puma, purring
Q - queen, quiet, quizzical
R - red tabby, regal, rubbing
S - scratching post, seal point, short hair, sixth sense, snarl, snow leopard, soft, Sphynx, stalking, striped
T - tabby, tail, territory, tiger, tortoiseshell, tom cat, toys, treats, tree climbing, twitch
U - unforgettable, unique, unsurpassed, unusual
V - vaccination, vain, varicolored, veterinarian, vixen
W - watch, whimsical, whirlwind, whiskers, window, worshiped in Egypt
X - eXplorer, eXtraordinary, eXtra special
Y - yowling
Z - zany, zzzzz
Famous Cat ABC List
(compiled by Donna in MB and Denny Davis)
A - Am - from Lady and the Tramp, Arlene, Artemis, Asparagus, Azrael (Smurfs)
B - Berlioz, Bill the Cat, Bombalurina, BooBoo Kitty, Burbank, Bustopher Jones, Bastet, Bast, Buttons
C - at, Cat in the Hat, Catbert, Chat d'Argent, Cheshire Cat, Claude, Cleo, Cliff, Coricopat, Cool Cat, Clarence
D - DC from That Darn Cat, Diana, Demeter, Desdemona, Dinah, Duchess, Diddle
E - Eek the Cat, Eponine, Elsa
F - Fat Louie from Princess Diaries, Felix, Fat Cat, Figaro
G - Garfield, Ginger, Grace, Greymalkin/Grimalkin, Grizabella
H - Heathcliff, Henrietta Pussycat, Hodge, Holly
I - Itty, Ivan, Isis
J - Jellyllorum, Jennyanydots, Jinx, Jemima, Josie
K - Kitty, Krazy Kat, Kimba
L - Luna, Lucifer, Lucky
M - Mehitabel, Mr. Jinx, Macavity, Madcat, Marie, Melody, Milo, Miss Kitty, Mr. Bigglesworth, Mr. Mistoffelees, Morris, Mungojerrie, Molly, Mitsy, Mitzy, Mischief, Moggie, Mufasa, Moppet
N - Nala, Nermal, Neko, Numa from Tarzan
O - O. G. Readmore, Oliver, Old Deuteronomy, Otello
P - Pangur Ban, Pantalone, Percy, Patches, Puss in Boots, Pickles, Picky-Picky, Pixel, Plato, Polar Bear, Poucival, Puff, Punn-in-Boots, Pyewacket
Q - Queen Callista
R - Ra, Rum Rum Tugger, Rumpleteaser, Rumpel
S - Salem, Sassy, Schrodinger's Cat, Scratchy, Sgt. Tibbs, Si, Sillabub, Simpkin, Skimbleshanks, Sylvester, Snagglepuss, Snaggletooth, Slinky Malinky, Snowdrop, Stimpy, Smokey, Simba, Sher Khan, Scar, Sabor, Sheeta
T - Thomas O'Malley, Tao, Tabby Kitten, Tom, Tom Kitten, Top Cat, Toulouse, Tumblebrutus, Tigger, Tear Along - the dotted lion, tony Jad Bal Ja, Tybert
U - Unsinkable Sam was rescued from three ships sunk in WWII - Bismark, Cossack, Royal Ark
V - Vocal
W - Webster, William, Willow
X - ???
Y - Yellow Cat, YumYum
Z - Zainal
Cat Breed ABC List
(compiled by Denny Davis - this list includes mostly breeds that it would be easy to obtain a photo of at a cat show or on the internet. There's is a much longer list at MessyBeast)
A - Abyssinian , American Curl, American Shorthair, American Wirehair, Angora
B - Balinese, Bengal, Birman, Bohemian Rex, Bombay, British Angora, British Shorthair, Burmese
C - California Spangled, Chartreux, Colorpoint Shorthair, Cornish Rex, Cymric, Chantilly;
D - Devon Rex, Doll Face Persian, Domestic Long Hair, Domestic Short Hair
E - Egyptian Mau, Exotic Shorthair
F - Fishing Cat, Foreign White (solid white Siamese), Foreign shorthair
G - Geoffroy's Cat, German Rex
H - Havana, Highland Lynx, Himalayan
I - Indian Cat (Persian), Indian Rex (LaPerm), Indian Mau
J - Japanese Bobtail, Javanese
K - Kashmir, Korat
L - LaPerm, Longhair Rex
M - Maine Coon Cat, Malayan, Manx, Munchkin
N - Nepali, Niebelung, Norwegian Forest Cat
O - Ocicat, Ojos Azules, Oriental Longhair, Oriental Shorthair
P - Peke-faced Persian, Persian, Pixiebob
R - Ragamuffin, Ragdoll, Rex, Russian Blue
S - Scottish Fold, Siamese, Singapura, Snowshoe, Somali, Sphinx
T - Tiffany, Tonkinese, Tortoiseshell, Turkish Angora, Turkish Van
U - Ultra Type Persian
V - Van Kedi, Vienna Woods
W - White Ringtail (Turkish Van), Wirehair Rex
Y - Yankee Cat (Maine Coon), York Chocolate
Z - Zibeline (sable Burmese)
PANDORA, A to Z
(Alex and Isaac--sons of Jean in TX)
An adorable, bad,
yowling, zippy kitten.
What Cats Know About Living the Good Life
Fake what you don't know
Grab at passing opportunities
Have moments of wild abandon
Ignore the ignorant
Jog in your sleep
Let it all hang out
Make friends with your neighbors
Play with your food
Quietly walk away from trouble
Return to your favorite places
See things others don't
Take your time
Understand human limitations
View things from more than one perspective
Wait at least sixty seconds before responding
X-pect only the best
Yawn and stretch at regular intervals
ZZZZZZZZZin the sunshine
Songs about Cats
- All Cat's Whiskers and Bee's Knees - John Surman (1984)
- Alley Cat - Bent Fabric (1972)
- Aloysius Horatio Thomas the Cat - Billy and Lillie (1959)
- Barn Cat - Mary Ann Kennedy (2002)
- Bear Cat - Rufus Thomas (1953)
- Black Cat - Tommy Collins (1960)
- Black Cat Cross My Path Today - Lonnie Donegan (1960)
- Black Cat Crossed My Trail - Christine Kittrell (1955)
- Black Cat Moan - Don Nix (1973)
- Boo Boo, the Cat - Hasil Adkins (1993)
- Calico Cat, The - Kenny Starr (1976)
- Cat, The - Jimmy Smith (1964)
- Cat and the Mouse, The - Frankie Miller (1961)
- Cat and Mouse Game - Dr. John (1999)
- Cat Comes Back, The - Yodeling Slim Clark (1962)
- Cat Crept in, The - Mud (1996)
- Cat Daddy - Keith Anderson (2006)
- Cat Dancers - Sandy Stewart (1984)
- Cat Fever - Fanny (1971)
- Cat Food - King Crimson (1970)
- Cat in the Window, Bird in the Sky - Petula Clark (1967)
- Cat Just Got in Town - Bill Mack (1956)
- Cat Music - Dave Bartholomew (1954)
- Cat Named Sloopy, A - Rod McKuen (1967)
- Cat Nip - Jimmy Smith (2006)
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - Dinah Washington (1955)
- Cat on the Fence - Felix Laband (2001)
- Cat on the Roof - King Drapes (2005)
- Cat Paws - Jeff Lorber (1996)
- Cat Scratch Fever - Ted Nugent (1977)
- Cat Song - Laura Nyro (1976)
- Cat Talk - Ace Cats (1982)
- Cat Turned Blue - Rusted Root (1994)
- Cat Walk, The - Jennifer Hall (2007)
- Cat-Alist - Oscar Brand (1994)
- Catmelody - Ronnie Lane and Pete Townshend (1977)
- Catnip - The Kentuckians (1964)
- Cats and Dragonflies - Rob Barraco (2007)
- Cats I Know, The - Gale Garnett (1967)
- Cats on the Rooftop - Oscar Brand (1950)
- Cats Under the Stars - The Jerry Garcia Band (1978)
- Cats Without Whiskers - Three Happenin Guys (2004)
- Cat's Eyes - Georgie Fame and the Blue Flames (1979)
- Cat's Got the Measles, Dog's Got the Whooping Cough - Fink (2003)
- Cat's in the Cradle - Johnny Cash (1990)
- Cat's in the Cupboard - Pete Townshend (1980)
- Cat's in the Well, Bob Dylan (1990)
- Cat's Meow, The - Maow (1996)
- Cat's Whiskers - Pat Patterson (2005)
- Catty Town - Ray Condo (1991)
- Cattywampus - Ace Cannon (1997)
- Catwalk - Flaco Jimenez (1994)
- Cheech the Cat - Lou Monte (1966)
- Cheshire Cat - Aerosmith (1982)
- China Cat Sunflower - The Grateful Dead (1969)
- Computer Cat - Donna and Andy (2002)
- Cool Cat - Queen (1982)
- Cool Cat Blues - Georgie Fame and His Blue Flames (1991)
- Cool Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - Woody Herman (1954)
- Cool Cats - Queen (1982)
- Cool for Cats - Squeeze (1979)
- Copy Cat - The Halos (1961)
- Cross-Eyed Cat - Muddy Waters (1977)
- Curious Cat - Scott Johnson (2004)
- Dingbat, the Singing Cat - The Freddy Martin Band (1946)
- Dog and Cat - The Capitols (1966)
- Emerald-Eyed Cat - India Taylor (2008)
- Everybody Wants to Be a Cat - Phil Harris (1970)
- Fabulous Feline - Paul McBurney (2004)
- Facts About Cats - Timbuk 3 (1986)
- Fat Cat - The Stokes (1965)
- Feline - Bobby McFerrin (2005)
- Feline Felony - Christina Muir (1995)
- Feline Glory - Morgan Smith (2008)
- Felix the Cat - Mike Blackwell (2008)
- Feral Feline - Patrick Lee Hadley (2001)
- Fifth Cat Waltz - Cynthia Powell Healer (2003)
- Ginger Cat - Bob Mount (2005)
- Ginger the Cat - Uglh and Miss O Lee (2008)
- Go Cat Go - Norman Jean (1964)
- Gray Cat on a Tennessee Farm - Freight Hoppers (1996)
- Green Cats Eye - The Anyones (2003)
- Green-Eyed Cat - Ronnie Dawson (1996)
- Gyp the Cat - Bobby Darin (1965)
- Happy Cat - Anita Kerr Singers (1979)
- Has a Cat Got a Tail? - Billy 'Crash' Craddock (1976)
- Hell Cat - The Bellamy Brothers (1976)
- Hep-Cat Baby - Eddy Arnold (1954)
- House Cat - Matt Savage Trio (2003)
- I Tawt I Taw a Puddy Tat - Bradley Joseph (2008)
- I'm Not That Kat Anymore - Sir Douglas Quintet (1975)
- If You Play With Cats - Charles Brown (1961)
- It's a Cat's Life - Robert Allen (2001)
- Jack the Cat - Jackie Lee Cochran (1987)
- Jump Cats Jump - Jesse Rogers (1961)
- Kat Nip - Maow (1995)
- Kitty Cat Song, The - Lee Dorsey (1965)
- Kitty Kat - Lil Uno (2008)
- Kitty's Theme - Sandy Nelson (1965)
- Little Dance for a Siamese Cat - Guido Ponzini (2007)
- Long-Tail Cat - Loggins and Messina (1972)
- Love Cats, The - The Cure (1983)
- Love This Cat - The Oak Ridge Boys (1991)
- Mean-Eyed Cat - Johnny Cash (1960)
- Meow - Cheryl Wheeler (1999)
- Meow Meow Lullaby - Nada Surf (2004)
- Morph the Cat - Donal Fagen (2006)
- Nashville Cats - The Lovin' Spoonful (1967)
- Nothin' But a Cat - Okefenokee Joe (2008)
- Old Woman and Her Cat, The - Marc Gunn (2008)
- Orange Cat - Clara Kousah (2008)
- Owl and the Pussycat, The - Dory Previn (1976)
- Pasquale, the Italian Pussycat - Lou Monte (1963)
- Peculiar Cat - Carl Burnett (2003)
- Phenomenal Cat - The Kinks (1968)
- Pink Pussycat - DEVO (1979)
- Pretty Kitty Blue Eyes - The Merry Macs (1944)
- Pretty Sapphire Cat - Timid Tiger (2006)
- Pussy Cat - Chubby Checkers (1966)
- Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat - Charlotte Shorthouse (2007)
- Pussycat Meow - Deee-Lite (1992)
- Pussy Cat Song (Nyow! Nyot Nyow!) - MacRae and Stafford (1948)
- Quiet Cat - The Cat Whisperer (2008)
- Rockin' Country Cat - Ronnie Dawson (1999)
- Scaredy Cat - Ronnie Sessions (1967)
- She Only Talks That Way to the Cat - Land and Hildebrand (2004)
- Siamese Cat - The Cowsills (1966)
- Siamese Cat Song, The - Bobby McFerrin (1991)
- Stray Cat - Lonesome Standard Time (2002)
- Stray Cat Blues - The Rolling Stones (1968)
- Stray Cat Strut - Stray Cats (1982)
- Stray Dogs and Alley Cats - The Lonesome River Band (2002)
- Sunflower Cat - Bruce Hornsby (2000)
- Swampy the Dog, Skeeter the Cat, and Me - Okefenokee Joe (2004)
- Sweet Little Pussycat - Andre Williams (1966)
- Tabby Cat Walk - Tom Constanten (1989)
- Tennessee Tom Cat - Bobby Wall (1958)
- Them Doggone Cats - Oscar Brand (1994)
- There's No Substitute for a Cat - Barry Louis Polisar (2005)
- This Cat's on a Hot Tin Roof - Brian Setzer (2007)
- Three Alley Cats - Red Elvises (1998)
- Three Cool Cats - Ernie Lancaster (2008)
- Tickle the Tom Cat's Tail - Lonzo and Oscar (1949)
- To Catch a Cat - Marc Gunn (2008)
- Tom Cat - The Rooftop Singers (1963)
- Tom Cat Blues - David Thomas Roberts (1995)
- Tom Cat's Kittens - Johnnie and Jack (1956)
- Tomcat Mambo - Perez Prado Orchestra (1954)
- Tough Top Cat - Marvin Rainwater (1962)
- Track of the Cat - Dionne Warwick (1975)
- Trashcan Tomcat - Jim Lauderdale (2004)
- Two Cats on the Roof - Gregory Nisnevich (2003)
- Walking My Cat Named Dog - Norma Tanega (1966)
- Waltzing Cat, The - Leroy Anderson (2007)
- Wampus Cat, The - Rocky Burnette (2007)
- We Love Cats - Oscar Brand (1994)
- What's New, Pussycat? - Tom Jones (1965)
- When My Cat Came Back - Tommy Jackson (1955)
- When My Kitten Starts Cattin' Around - Bill Nettles (1953)
- Wholly Cats - Bob Barnard and Jim Galloway (2003)
- X-Ray of a Cat - Bohm Halle Sell (2003)
- Year of the Cat - Al Stewart (1976)
- You Can't Housebreak a Tomcat - Cal Smith (1969)
Songs about Kittens
- Here Kitty Kitty - Frankie Velvet (2007)
- Kansas City Kitty - Calamity Jazz (2007)
- Kitten Korner - Willie Mitchell (1968)
- Kitten on the Keys - Raymond W. McLain (1992)
- Kitten's Got Claws - Whitesnake (1989)
- Kittens, Kids and Kites - Ferlin Husky (1974)
- Kitty - Cat Stevens (1966)
- Kitty at the Door - Marc Gunn (2008)
- Kitty Cat Song, The - Lee Dorsey (1965)
- Kitty in the Basket - Gayla Peevey and Jimmy Boyd (1954)
- Kitty Kat - Lil Uno (2008)
- Kitty Sittin' Pretty - Kokomo (1975)
- Leave My Kitten Alone - Johnny Preston (1961)
- Little Red Kitten - The Sorrows (1966)
- Persian Kitty, A - Ed McCurdy (1950)
- Persian Kitten, The - Phil Harris (1958)
- Purr Kitty Purr - Sid King and the Five Strings (2000)
- Sing Song Kitty - Doc Watson (1967)
- Super Kitten - Connie Cato (1974)
- Three Little Kittens - Rocky Mountain Kids (2004)
- Tom Cat's Kittens - Johnnie and Jack (1956)
- Waltz, Kitty, Waltz - Janette Carter (1972)
- When My Kitten Starts Cattin' Around - Bill Nettles (1953)
Human Food for Cats
Feline friendly food (in small amounts):
back to top of page
cooked salmon and tuna, cooked lean beef, cooked chicken and turkey without skin, cooked eggs, cheese (cheddar, Swiss, Gouda), oatmeal, whole wheat bread, canned pumpkin, cooked spinach and other green vegetables, peeled apples, bananas, blueberries, cantaloupe, peas (raw or cooked)
Do NOT give a cat: milk, chocolate, grapes, raisins, onions, garlic, raw meat or fish, raw eggs, macadamia nuts, xylitol, sweets, alcohol, coffee, tea, energy drinks