Also see Ouchies, Frowns and Tears, and other files in the Children Section.
- Belly Laugh
- Big Grin
- Born to Be Happy
- Brightest Smile in Town
- Crooked Smile
- Glad All Over
- Goofy Grin
- Grins and Giggles
- Happiness Is...
- Happy Feet
- Happy Girl
- Happy State of Mind
- Happy-Go-Lucky Me
- Keep Smiling
- Miles of Smiles
- Laughing All the Way
- Laughter is the Best Medicine
- I Love to Laugh
- I Love to See You Smile
- I'm a Happy Man
- Joyful Noise
- Just to See You Smile
- Laughing Boy
- Laughing Girl
- Love to See You Smile
- Major Belly Laugh
- Oh Joy
- Put on a Happy Face
- She Who Laughs, Lasts
- Smile a Little Smile for Me
- A Smile as Sweet as Spring
- Smile Away Every Rainy Day
- Smile, You're on Candid Camera!
- Smiles Are Made of Sunshine
- Some Smiling Good Times
- Something in Your Smile
- Sparkle Eyes
- Sparklin' Eyes
- Sweet, Sweet Smile
- There's That Smile Again
- This Smile Broke the Camera!
- Tickled to Death
- We Love to Laugh!
- What Makes You Smile?
- When I See You Smile
- When You Smile
- When You Smile at Me
- When You Smile, the Whole World Lights Up!
- Whistle a Happy Tune
- Who Can Resist a Smile Like This?
- Who Could Resist That Smile
- A Wink and a Smile
- Worth Smiling About
- You Make Me Smile
- You Melt My Heart With Just a Smile
- You Would Smile Too if it Happened to You
- Your Smile Lights Up the World
- All people smile in the same language.
- At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. (Jean Houston)
- Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves...
for they will never cease to be amused.
- A child's smile is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day
- A day is lost if one has not laughed.
- Don't frown, because you never know who's falling in love with your smile!
- Even if there is nothing to laugh about, laugh on credit.
- Every smile makes you a day younger. (Chinese Proverb)
- Every survival kit should include a sense of humor.
- Everyone laughs in the same language.
- Everyone smiles in the same language.
- A giggle a day keeps the gloomies away!
- A glad heart makes a cheerful countenance. (Proverbs 15:13)
- He who laughs last, didn't get it.
- He who laughs last has the best lawyer.
- He who laughs last, laughs best
- He who laughs last thinks slowest.
- He who laughs, lasts.
- The human race has one really effective weapon and that is laughter. (Mark Twain)
- Humor is the affectionate communication of insight. (Leo Rosten)
- I smile because I have no idea what's going on!
- If I had a star for every time you made me smile, I would be holding the night sky in my hand!
- I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful.
- If you don't have a smile, I'll give you one of mine.
- If you lose the power to laugh, you lose the power to think.
- If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.
- If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it. (Andy Rooney)
- If you're going to be able to look back on something and laugh about it, you might as well laugh about it now. (Marie Osmond)
- If you're too busy to laugh, you're too busy.
- I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.
- Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to!
- Laugh alone and the world thinks you're an idiot.
- A laugh is a smile that bursts. (Mary H. Waldrip)
- Laughing helps; it's like jogging on the inside!
- Laughing lengthens life!
- Laughter enriches our souls.
- Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects. (Arnold Glasow)
- Laughter is an instant vacation. (Milton Berle)
- Laughter is good medicine.
- Laughter is inner jogging. (Norman Cousins)
- Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. (Victor Borge)
- Laughter is the sun that drives winter from your face.
- The laughter of a child lights up the whole house.
- Live Well - Laugh Often - Love Much
- Of all days, the day on which one has not laughed is the one most surely wasted. (Sébastien-Roch Nicolas de Chamfort)
- Only you can prevent laughter!
- People seldom notice old clothes if you wear a big smile. (Lee Mildon)
- To receive a smile, give one away!
- The shortest distance between two people is a smile!
- A smile can brighten the darkest day.
- A smile confuses an approaching frown.
- A smile is a curve that sets things straight
- A smile is a frown turned upside down.
- A smile is a language understood by all persons.
- A smile is a light in the window of the soul indicating that the heart is home.
- A smile is a whisper of a laugh.
- A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
- A smile is something you can't give away; it always comes back to you.
- A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside. (Denis Waitley)
- Smile! It increases your face value!
- Smile--it's the second best thing you can do with your lips.
- Smile...Sunshine is good for your teeth!
- Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
- So many of my smiles begin with you!
- Some people grin and bear it. Other people smile and change it.
- Start every day off with a smile and get it over with! (W.C. Fields)
- Take time to laugh--it is the music of the soul.
- We do not stop laughing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop laughing.
- What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but, scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable. (Joseph Addison)
- When you smile...the world smiles with you.
- The world looks brighter from behind a smile
- Whenever I think of you, I smile inside.
- Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. (Mark Twain)
- You grow up the day you have your first real laugh, at yourself. (Ethel Barrymore)
- You have a smile that lights up the world.
- You're Never Fully Dressed without a Smile
- Your infectious grin could start a worldwide happydemic.
Smiling is infectious,
you catch it like the flu,
When someone smiled at me today,
I started smiling too.
I passed around the corner
and someone saw my grin
When he smiled I realized
I'd passed it on to him.
I thought about that smile
then I realized its worth,
A single smile, just like mine,
could travel round the earth.
So, if you feel a smile begin,
don't leave it undetected
Let's start an epidemic quick,
and get the world infected!
If at times you feel you want to cry
And life seems such a trial
Above the clouds there's a bright blue sky
So make your tears a smile.
As you travel on life's way
With its many ups and downs
Remember its quite true to say
One smile is worth a dozen frowns.
Among the worlds expensive things
A smile is very cheap
And when you give a smile away,
You get one back to keep.
Happiness comes at times to all
But sadness comes unbidden
And sometimes a few tears must fall
Among the laughter hidden.
So when friends have sadness on their face
And troubles round them piled
The world will seem a better place
And all because you smiled.
It comforts the weary, gladdens the sad
consoles those in trouble, good or bad.
To rich and poor, beggar or thief,
it's free to all of any belief.
A natural gesture of young and old
cheers on the faint, disarms the bold.
Unlike most blessings for which we pray,
it's the only thing we keep when we give it away.
Below are Songs about enjoyment, being glad, grins, happiness, joy, laughter, smiles, sparkle, and tickle.
- Enjoy the Dance - Dawn Humphrey (2006)
- Enjoy the Journey - Debbie Zepick (2006)
- Enjoy the Ride - Marshall Dyllon (2000)
- Enjoy the Show - Before Day (2008)
- Enjoy the Silence - Pat MacDonald (2003)
- Enjoy What You Do - Mac Murphy (2006)
- Enjoy Your Tea - John S. Hall and Kramer (1990)
- Enjoy Yourself - Paul Reece (2006)
- Aren't You Kind of Glad We Did - Gene Krupa Orchestra (1946)
- Be Glad - Del Reeves (1969)
- Glad All Over - The Dave Clark Five (1964)
- Glad for You - The Checkmates, Ltd (1966)
- Glad I Know You Well - Livingston Taylor (1988)
- I'm Glad I Got to See You Once Again - Hank Snow (1955)
- I'm Glad There is You - Gloria Lynne (1962)
- I'm Glad You Reconsidered - Lowell Fulson (1960)
- I'm Glad We Fell in Love - Mark Dinning (1965)
- I'm So Glad - Junior Walker (1975)
- I'm So Glad I Found You - Swinging Blue Jeans (1973)
- I'm So Glad I'm a Little Boy and You're a Little Girl - Boyd and Peevey (1954)
- I'm So Glad That You Found Me - Lennon Sisters (1968)
- I'm So Glad You're Here - Arthur Conley (1971)
- So Glad to See You Again - Billy Paul (1979)
- You Don't Know How Glad I Am - Nancy Wilson (1964)
Songs about Grins
- Evil Grin - BZ (2007)
- Goofy Grin - Stephanie Rhynes (2008)
- Grin and Bear it - Rip Masters (2007)
- I Wear a Silly Grin - The Critters (1966)
- Little Girl Grin - Bruce Goldish (2004)
- Permanent Grin - Derek Parrott (2003)
- Polaroid Grin - Curious Primate (2009)
- Silly Grin - Evan Olson (2003)
- Smiles and Grins - Kip Hanrahan (1984)
- Wicked Little Grin - Sam Marshall (2008)
- Ain't Got Time to Be Unhappy - Bob Luman (1968)
- Angel of Happiness - Claudine Clark (1958)
- Are You Happy? - Jerry Butler (1969)
- Are You Happy, Baby? - Dottie West (1981)
- Are You Happy Now? - Michelle Branch (2002)
- As Long As You're Happy - Hardrock Gunter and Buddy Durham (1962)
- Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy - The Tams (1968)
- Born to Be Happy - Hank Snow (1955)
- Bring Me Happiness - Ron Holden and Rosie Hamlin (1961)
- Ecstasy - The Hal McIntyre Orchestra (1941)
- Euphoria - The Youngbloods (1967)
- For Me, This is Happy - Gene Pitney (1967)
- Happier Days - Michael Johnson (1973)
- Happiest Girl in the Whole USA - Donna Fargo (1972)
- Happily Ever After - Len Barry (1966)
- Happiness - Yellow Sunshine (1973)
- Happiness Lives in This House - Mac Curtis (1969)
- Happiness Means You - Red Foley and Kitty Wells (1967)
- Happiness Never Comes Too Late - Bert Kaempfert (1960)
- Happiness of Having You, The - Jay Lee Webb (1971)
- Happy Adoption Day - John McCutcheon (1993)
- Happy Anniversary - Little River Band (1978)
- Happy Barefoot Boy - Henry Mancini (1967)
- Happy Being Lonely - The Chi-Lites (1977)
- Happy Birthday - Loretta Lynn (1964)
- Happy Birthday Blues - Kathy Young (1961)
- Happy Birthday, Broken Heart - Diane Renay (1965)
- Happy Birthday, Darlin' - Conway Twitty (1979)
- Happy Birthday, Ebony - Kiskadee (2008)
- Happy Birthday, Jenny - Fred Hughes (1965)
- Happy Birthday Just the Same - The Dovells (1964)
- Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen - Neil Sedaka (1961)
- Happy Birthday to Me - Hank Locklin (1961)
- Happy Cat - Anita Kerr Singers (1979)
- Happy Coincidence - Ed Neumeister Quintet (2007)
- Happy Columbus Day - The Spoiled Chefs (2005)
- Happy Country Birthday, Darling - Rodney Lay (1982)
- Happy Divorce Day - Christine Lavin (2005)
- Happy Dog - Blondie (1999)
- Happy Endings - Jeff Lorber (2001)
- Happy Family - King Crimson (1970)
- Happy Feet - Dave Cortez (1962)
- Happy Girl - Martina McBride (1998)
- Happy Halloween - John Zacherle (1963)
- Happy, Happy Birthday Baby - Ronnie Milsap (1986)
- Happy Heart - Andy Williams (1969)
- Happy Hour - Tony Booth (1973)
- Happy in Love - Dick Jurgens and His Orchestra (1942)
- Happy in the Meantime - Lit (2001)
- Happy is a Bumpy Road - Mary Wilson (1971)
- Happy Jack - The Who (1967)
- Happy Labor Day - The Spoiled Chefs (2005)
- Happy Landing - The Miracles (1962)
- Happy Little Home in Arkansas - Grandpa Jones (1951)
- Happy Loving You - Leon Ashley and Margie Singleton (1970)
- Happy Lucky Love - Johnnie and Jack (1960)
- Happy Man - Impact (1976)
- Happy New Year Everyone - Robert Arthur (2007)
- Happy New Year, Baby - Jo Ann Campbell (1958)
- Happy New Year, Darling - Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown (1951)
- Happy Occasion, A - Paul Horn (2001)
- Happy Puppy, The - Bent Fabric (1963)
- Happy Radio - Edwin Starr (1979)
- Happy Shades of Blue - Freddy 'Boom Boom' Cannon (1960)
- Happy Song, The - Otis Redding (1968)
- Happy State of Mind - Bill Anderson (1968)
- Happy Summer Days - Ronnie Dove (1966)
- Happy Tears - Fred Carter, Jr. (1965)
- Happy to Be Unhappy - Gary Buck (1963)
- Happy Together - The Turtles (1967)
- Happy Tracks - Kenny Price (1967)
- Happy Trails - Quicksilver Messenger Service (1969)
- Happy Trails to You - Dale Evans and Roy Rogers (1952)
- Happy Veteran's Day - Rescue (2004)
- Happy Wanderer, The - Frank Weir and His Orchestra (1954)
- Happy Weekend - Dave Cortez (1962)
- Happy When You're Unhappy - Deborah Coleman (2001)
- Happy Whistler, The - Don Robertson (1956)
- Happy-Go-Lucky Me - Paul Evans (1960)
- Happy-Go-Lucky Morning - Terri Hollowell (1978)
- Hello, Happiness - Bobby Marchan (1965)
- Highway to Happiness - Jimmy Witherspoon (1954)
- Highways Are Happy Ways When They Lead the Way to Home - New Orleans Delight (2008)
- Hotel Happiness - Brook Benton (1963)
- I Never Could Be Happy - The Emotions (1972)
- I Wonder What Happened to Sally - Street People (1970)
- I'm a Happy Man - The Jive Five (1965)
- I'm Gonna Make You Happy - Buster Brown (1943)
- I'm Happy Just to Dance with You - Anne Murray (1980)
- I'm So Happy I Can't Stop Cryin' - Sting (1997)
- I've Got a Happy Heart - Susan Raye (1971)
- If I Make You Happy - Sheryl Crow (1996)
- If You Wanna Be Happy - Jimmy Soul (1963)
- If You're Happy and You Know it - Raffi (2002)
- Independently Happy - Blue October (2000)
- It Makes You Happy to Know You Make Me Blue - Kenny Vernon (1966)
- Lay Some Happiness on Me - Bobby Wright (1967)
- Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets - Dionne Warwick (1970)
- Love Can Make You Happy - Mercy (1969)
- Lucky Boy, Happy Girl, Lonely Me - Trade Martin (1963)
- Misery and Happiness - John Cowan Band (2006)
- My Happiness - Phyllis McGuire (1966)
- North of Happiness - Pat Roberts (1974)
- Not Unhappy - Chandler Travis Philharmonic (2002)
- Oh, Happy Day - The Edwin Hawkins Singers (1969)
- Oh, How Happy - Shades of Blue (1966)
- One Happy Ending - The Majors (1963)
- Pretending That I'm Happy - Johnny Bozeman (1961)
- Pursuing Happiness - Norma Jean (1966)
- Second-Hand Happiness - Jimmy Conwell (2006)
- Sing a Song of Happiness - Sally Starr (1960)
- Sometimes I'm Happy - Jane Powell and Vic Damone (1955)
- Tears of Happiness - Otis Williams and His Charms (1959)
- That Happy Feeling - Jerry Crutchfield (1962)
- There's Got to Be a Happy Ending - Billy Davis and Jr. Marilyn McCoo (1975)
- Thousand Cups of Happiness, A - Joe Hinton (1960)
- We Believe in Happy Endings - E. Harris and E. Conley (1988)
- When the Boy's Happy the Girl's Happy, Too - Four Pennies (1963)
- Whistle a Happy Tune - The Rainbow Orchestra (2007)
- You and Me and Happiness - The Newbeats (1967)
- You Can't Buy Happiness - Andy Williams (1954)
- You're Making the Wrong Guy Happy - The Mills Brothers (1965)
- You're the Happy Song I Sing - Ben Peters (1969)
- You've Made Me So Very Happy - Blood Sweat and Tears (1969)
Songs about Joy
- I'll Call You Joy - Eddie Holman (1972)
- Joy - Teddy Pendergrass (1988)
- Joy of a Toy - Soft Machine (1968)
- Joy Ride - Rick Derringer (1974)
- Joy Road - The San Remo Golden Strings (1967)
- Joy to the World - Three Dog Night (1971)
- Joyful Noise - The Derek Trucks Band (2002)
- Joyride - Havana 3AM (1991)
- Kickapoo Joy Juice - The Rivingtons (1962)
- Oh, That'll Be Joyful - Jesse Stone (1954)
- Pride and Joy - Cloverdale-Page (1993)
- Rock and Roll Joys - The Radio Ranch Boys (1957)
- Season of Joy - Mark Schatz (2006)
- Soldier's Joy - Hawkshaw Hawkins (1959)
- Wild Peculiar Joy, A - Luke Parkin (2008)
- After the Laughter - Gene Chandler (1967)
- Belly Laugh - K.T. Murphy (2007)
- Crackin' Up - Clifton James (1959)
- Don't Laugh at Me - Mark Wills (1998)
- Enter Laughing - Electrelane (2004)
- Everybody Stopped Laughing at Jane - Linda Scott (1964)
- Everybody's Laughing - Bobby Charles (1964)
- Funny Way of Laughin' - Burl Ives (1962)
- Giggling Gaggle of Gooses - Grandbob (2004)
- Go Ahead and Laugh - Kim Weston (1964)
- He Thought He'd Die Laughing - Bobby Helms (1967)
- I Can Laugh about it Now - Bonnie Bramlett (2006)
- I Have to Laugh to Keep From Crying - Ray Starr (1962)
- I Laughed at Love - Sunny Gale (1952)
- I Laughed So Hard I Cried - Gene Pitney (1960)
- It's a Laugh - Hall and Oates (1978)
- Just for Laughs - Moon Mullican (1966)
- Last Laugh, The - Jim Ed Brown (1966)
- Laugh - The Velvets (1961)
- Laugh at Me - Sonny Bono (1965)
- Laugh Laugh - The Beau Brummels (1965)
- Laughed Until We Cried - Jason Aldean (2007)
- Laughin' and Jokin' - Ernie Chaffin (1957)
- Laughing - The Guess Who (1969)
- Laughing Boy - Mary Wells (1963)
- Laughing Girl - Hollywood Saxons (1963)
- Laughing on the Outside - Sammy Kaye (1949)
- Laughter in the Rain - The Four Freshmen (1977)
- Leave You Laughin' - Cledus T. Judd (2002)
- Live, Laugh, Love - Clay Walker (2000)
- Nancy with the Laughing Face - Frank Sinatra (1945)
- See Them Laughing - Four Young Men (1960)
- Two Kinds of Laughter - Sara Hickman (1998)
- We All Laugh in the Same Language - Marla Lewis (2004)
- What a Laugh - Freddie Hart (1961)
- Who's Gonna Have the Last Laugh? - Kim Weston (1988)
- Wigglin' and Gigglin' - Jimmy Ricks (1968)
- Alabama Smile - Court Pickett (1973)
- And Then You Smiled - Tom Paxton (1975)
- Are There Tears Behind Your Smile? - Grandpa Jones (1947)
- Behind a Painted Smile - The Isley Brothers (1968)
- Brightest Smile in Town, The - Gregg Allman (1977)
- Can't Smile Without You - Barry Manilow (1978)
- Certain Smile, A - Astrud Gilberto (1966)
- Crooked Smile - New Grass Revival (1977)
- Curious Smile - PleasureCraft (2006)
- Devil With an Angel's Smile - The Intruders (1966)
- Girl With the Curious Smile - Wedding Present (2006)
- I Don't Feel Much Like Smilin' - Ray Sawyer (1980)
- I Love the Sunshine of Your Smile - The Four Knights (1951)
- I'll Be All Smiles Tonight - Martina McBride (2002)
- I'll Never Smile Again - The Platters (1961)
- Illegal Smile - John Prine (1971)
- It Started with a Smile - Helen Cornelius (1979)
- It'll Be All Smiles Tonight, Love - Randy Atcher (1956)
- Just One Smile - Paul Shuttleworth (1978)
- Just to See You Smile - Tim McGraw (1997)
- Lady Smiles, The - Matt Monro (1967)
- Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella on a Rainy Rainy Day - Cornell (1951)
- Let Those Brown Eyes Smile at Me - Windy Mountain (2000)
- Light of Smiles, The - Gary Wright(1977)
- Love to See You Smile - Bobby 'Blue' Bland (1978)
- Make Me Smile - Chicago (1970)
- Make Me Smile Again - The Roommates (1961)
- Melanie Makes Me Smile - Tony Burrows (1970)
- Memory of Your Smile, The - Clinch Mountain Boys (1959)
- Mona Lisa Lost Her Smile - David Allan Coe (1984)
- Never Smile at a Crocodile - Hugo Winterhalter (1952)
- Sara Smile - Hall and Oates (1976)
- Searching for My Smile - Tommy Page (1992)
- Service With a Smile - Gordon Terry (1957)
- Shadow of Your Smile - Stan Hitchcock (1970)
- She'll Leave You with a Smile - George Strait (2002)
- She's Got a Smile - Jamie Clark (2006)
- Smile - Lonestar (2000)
- Smile a Little Smile For Me, Rose Marie - Flying Machine (1969)
- Smile Away Every Rainy Day - The Mills Brothers (1970)
- Smile Can't Hide a Broken Heart, A - William Bell (1959)
- Smile for Suzette, A - Billy Williams (1957)
- Smile Has Left Your Eyes, The - Asia (1983)
- Smile Now, Cry Later - Sunny and the Sunglows (1966)
- Smile of Your Shadow, The - John Paul Jones (1999)
- Smile, Reptile - The Loungs (2007)
- Smile, Somebody Loves You - Linda Gail Lewis (1972)
- Smiles and Grins - Kip Hanrahan (1984)
- Smiles Are Made of Sunshine - Roy Rogers and Dale Evans (1950)
- Something in Your Smile - Dizzy Gillespie (1967)
- Sweet, Sweet Smile - The Carpenters (1978)
- Thanks for the Smiles - Charlie Ross (1975)
- There's That Smile Again - Jim Reeves (1965)
- When Irish Eyes Are Smiling - Dennis Day (1949)
- When Joannie Smiles - Rare Earth (1970)
- When Judy Smiled - Jimmy Dean (1970)
- When My Baby Smiles at Me - Jo Ann Castle (1997)
- When My Little Girl is Smiling - Steve Alaimo (1971)
- When You Smile - Ralph MacDonald (2003)
- When You Smile at Me - Amie Comeaux (1998)
- When You're Smiling - The Texas Wanderers (1947)
- Wink and a Smile, A - The Fade Outs (2005)
- With a Wink and a Smile - Three Men and a Melody (2003)
- You Make Me Smile - Blue October (2006)
- Your Smiling Face - James Taylor (1977)
- Pink Wine Sparkles in the Glass - Guess Who (1968)
- Sparkle - Vince Gill (1992)
- Sparkle and Shine - Steve Earle (2007)
- Sparkle Dust - Lenny Breau (1983)
- Sparkle Eyes - Steppenwolf (1971)
- Sparkles, Glitter and Gold - Paige Stroman (2001)
- Sparkle in Her Eyes - Terry Carisse (1980)
- Sparklin' Brown Eyes - Dickey Lee (1973)
- Sparklin' Eyes - Dean Martin (1961)
- Sparkling Blue Eyes - Old Reliable String Band (1962)
- Sparkling Brown Eyes - The Bluegrass Patriots (2004)
- Sparkling on the Wind - Stefan Grossman (1988)
- Sparkling Wine - Red Sovine (1968)
- Those Blue Eyes Don't Sparkle Anymore - Sparks (2007)
- You Sparkle - Fred Lipsius (1995)
- Bluegrass Tickling My Feet - Jimmy Work (1949)
- It Tickles - Tommy Collins (1955)
- St. Louis Tickle - Johnny Maddox (1950)
- Tickle the Tom Cat's Tail - Lonzo and Oscar (1949)
- Tickle Toe Polka - Adolph Hofner (1948)
- Tickled to Death - Johnny Maddox (1952)