Also see Faith and Prayer Poems, Ministers, Philosophy and Religion, Angels, ABC Lists, Memorial Albums, Religious Humor, Hanukkah, and Religious Song Lists. For First Communion, Christening and Baptism see Children and Religion.
- All That We Have
- All That's Good and Great and True
- Be Still and Know that I Am God
- Celebration of Faith
- Count Your Blessings
- Faith Can Move Mountains
- Faith Doesn't Panic
- God is Great...God is Good
- God Moves in Mysterious Ways
- Got Jesus?!
- Heaven and Earth are Full of His Glory
- I am a Child of God
- I Fear No Evil
- Never Alone
- O, the Lord's Been Good to Me
- On the Wings of a Dove
- Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow
- Showers of Blessings
- Surely the Presence of the Lord is in This Place
- There is Joy in the Lord
- We Leave Thy House, but Leave Not Thee
- When Prayers Go Up...Blessings Come Done
- Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. (Robert H. Schuller)
- Anybody can observe the Sabbath but making it holy surely takes the rest of the week. (Alice Walker)
- Anyone who does not believe in miracles is not a realist. (David Ben Gurion)
- As for me and my house we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15)
- As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit. (Emmanuel Teney)
- Being good is commendable, but only when it is combined with doing good is it useful.
- A brook would lose its song if God removed the rocks.
- Certain thoughts are prayers. There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees. (Victor Hugo)
- Coincidence is just God's way of remaining anonymous. (Billy Meyer)
- Courage is fear that has said its prayers. (Dorothy Bernard)
- Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. (John F. Kennedy)
- Don't put a question mark where God puts a period.
- Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway. (Mary C. Crowley)
- Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel!
- Faith enables persons to be persons because it lets God be God. (Carter Lindberg)
- Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to.
- Faith is courage; it is creative; despair is always destructive. (David S. Muzzey)
- Faith is not belief without proof; but trust without reservation.
- Faith is not believing that God can, it is knowing that he will.
- Faith is the bird who sings while it is still dark.
- Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- Faith is to believe what we do not see;
the reward of this faith is to see what we believe. (Saint Augustine)
- Faith is like radar that sees through the fog. (Corrie Ten Boom)
- Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. (Martin Luther King, Jr)
- Faith makes things possible not easy.
- Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible!
- Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. And lo, no one was there.
- Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death.
- Give God what's right, not what's left.
- God answers knee-mail.
- God can heal a broken heart, but you have to give Him all the pieces.
- God did not call me to be successful. He called me to be faithful.
- God does more than hear our words. He reads our hearts.
- God enters by a private door into each individual. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- God gives the best to those who leave the choice with Him.
- God has not called us to see through each other, but to see each other through.
- God loves each of us as if there were only one of us. (St. Augustine)
- God is a circle whose center is everywhere and circumference nowhere. (Timaeus of Locris)
- God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed. (Saint Augustine)
- God moves in a mysterious way His wonders to perform. (William Cowper)
- God pardons like a mother who kisses away the repentant tears of her child. (Henry W. Beecher)
- God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.
- God understands our prayers even when we can't find the words to say them.
- God will never lead you where His grace cannot keep you.
- God will not look you over for medals, degrees, or diplomas, but for scars. (Elbert Hubbard)
- Grace isn't a little prayer you chant before receiving a meal. It's a way to live. (Jackie Windspear)
- The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray. (Robert G. Ingersoll)
- Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake. (Victor Hugo)
- Hate the sin and love the sinner. (Mahatma Gandhi)
- Have faith in the human spirit and in each heart's capacity to make our world a better place.
- He said come to the edge. I said I can't--I'm afraid. He said come to the edge. I said I can't--I'll fall off. He said finally, COME TO THE EDGE. And I went to the edge, and He pushed me. And, I flew! (Guilluame Apollinaire)
- He who kneels before God can stand before anyone!
- He Will Hold You in the Palm of His Hand
- Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't. (Richard Bach)
- The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality. (Dante Aligher)
- I am fully convinced that the soul is indestructible, and that its activity will continue through eternity. It is like the sun, which, to our eyes, seems to set in night; but it has in reality only gone to diffuse its light elsewhere. (Goethe)
- I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when He is silent.
- I can live with doubt and uncertainty. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. (Richard P. Feynman)
- I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker. (Voltaire)
- I could not say I believe. I know! I have had the experience of being gripped by something that is stronger than myself, something that people call God. (Carl Jung)
- I have discovered that when the Almighty wants me to do or not do a particular thing, He has a way of letting me know it. (Abraham Lincoln)
- I have never understood why it should be considered derogatory to the Creator to suppose that he has a sense of humor. (William Ralph Inge)
- I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.
- If God can work through me, he can work through anyone. (St. Francis of Assisi)
- If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. (Meister Eckhart)
- If we could all hear one another's prayers, God might be relieved of some of his burdens. (Ashleigh Brilliant)
- If you don't want the fruits of sin, stay out of the devil's vineyard.
- If your religion makes you kinder than I, your religion is better than mine. (Bradford Leavitt)
- If you're headed in the wrong direction, God does allow U-turns!
- If you're not allowed to laugh in heaven, I don't want to go there. (Martin Luther)
- In my Father's house there are many mansions
- In the dark, follow the Son.
- It's hard to stumble when you're down on your knees.
- It's nice to work for the Lord. The pay isn't much but the retirement plan is out of this world!
- It's not the absence of sin, but the grieving of the spirit that separates the sinner and the saved one.
- Just pray for a tough hide and a tender heart. (Ruth Graham)
- Life is fragile...handle with prayer.
- A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul.
- Little words of kindness, little acts of love--
bring us just a little bit of heaven from above.
- A lot of kneeling will keep you in good standing.
- Man's way leads to a hopeless end--God's way leads to an endless hope.
- May the good saints protect you and bless you today...and may troubles ignore you every step of the way.
- The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out. (T.B. Macaulay)
- Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature. (St. Augustine)
- Most people do not pray; they only beg. (George Bernard Shaw)
- Never give the devil a ride -- he will always want to drive.
- The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience. (Harper Lee)
- Our talents are the gift that God gives to us...What we make of our talents is our gift back to God. (Leo Buscalgia)
- Peace is not the absence of affliction, but the presence of God.
- Peacefully around us the shadows are falling
- People see God every day, they just don't recognize him. (Pearl Bailey)
- A person, whose Bible is falling apart, usually isn't.
- Physical strength is measured by what we can carry; spiritual by what we can bear.
- Pray for what you want, but work for the things you need.
- Prayer is kind of like calling home every day.
- Prayer is when you talk to God; meditation is when you listen to God. (Diana Robinson)
- Prayer may not change things for you, but it for sure changes you for things. (Samuel M. Shoemaker)
- Prayer should be our first resource not our last resort.
- Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a truth." Say not, "I have found the path of the soul." Say rather, "I have met the soul walking upon my path." For the soul walks upon all paths. The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed. The soul unfolds itself, like a lotus of countless petals. (Kahlil Gibran)
- Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.
- Sometimes the Lord calms the storm, sometimes He lets the storm rage...and calms His child!
- Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up.
- Then rang the bells both loud and deep God is not dead, nor doth He sleep. The wrong shall fail the right prevail with peace on earth, good will to men.
- There are thoughts which are prayers. There are moments when, whatever the posture of the body, the soul is on its knees. (Victor Hugo)
- There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. (Freya Stark)
- There is much in the world to make us afraid. There is much more in our faith to make us unafraid. (Frederick W. Cropp)
- This church is prayer-conditioned.
- This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalms 119:105)
- Those who never rebelled against God or at some point in their lives shaken their fists in the face of heaven, have never encountered God at all. (Catherine Marshall)
- To be alone with silence is to be with God.
- To listen to some devout people, one would imagine that God never laughs.
- True faith is believing the possible, but trusting the impossible.
- The true meaning of religion is thus, not simply morality, but morality touched by emotion. (Matthew Arnold)
- We can believe what we choose. We are answerable for what we choose to believe. (John Henry Newman)
- We don't change God's message--His message changes us.
- We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, "Why did this happen to me?" unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way.
- We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature -trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. (Mother Teresa)
- We often want one thing and pray for another, not telling the truth even to the gods. (Seneca)
- We plan, God laughs.
- The well of Providence is deep. It's the buckets we bring to it that are small. (Mary Webb)
- What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday.
- What the caterpillar calls the end of the world the master calls a butterfly. (Richard Bach)
- What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God. (Eleanor Powell)
- What we usually pray to God is not that His will be done, but that He approve ours. (Helga Bergold)
- When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer. (Corrie Ten Boom)
- When it comes time to die...make sure all you have to do is die.
- When praying, don't give God instructions--just report for duty.
- When we've done what we can, God will do what we can't!
- When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly.
- When you say a situation or a person is hopeless, you're slamming the door in the face of God. (Charles L. Allen)
- Who cared if there was really any Being to pray to? What mattered was the sense of giving thanks and praise, the feeling of a humble and grateful heart. (Oliver Sacks)
- The will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not protect you.
- Without our faith we are stained glass windows in the dark.
You know how kids are when they are hurt . . . they keep their hands over the boo-boos so you can't see them or treat them. As adults you know they have to let go so your can help them and make them feel better . . . but sometimes the biggest job is prying those fingers away.
That is the way we are sometimes with the hurtful things in our lives . . . we are so busy "holding" on to them, that we don't give our faith and God the chance to do his work . . . because we "think" we know better.
Now asked straight out who could handle it better, us or God . . . we would think it was a silly question, God, of course. But WHAT do our actions say? And what is the benefit of worry?? And what does it tell our children about the faithfulness of God to his people . . . and the covenant he has with us.
An Everyday Survival Kit
(This brings a whole new meaning to these items.)
- Toothpick - to remind you to pick out the good qualities in others...Matthew
- Rubber band - to remind you to be flexible, things might not always go the way you want, but it will work out...Romans 8:28
- Band Aid - to remind you to heal hurt feelings, yours or someone else's...Col.
- Pencil - To remind you to list your blessings everyday...Eph 1:3
- Eraser - to remind you that everyone makes mistakes, and it's okay...Genesis
- Chewing gum - to remind you to stick with it and you can accomplish anything
- Mint - to remind you that you are worth a mint to your heavenly father...John
- Candy Kiss - to remind you that everyone needs a kiss or a hug everyday...1
- Tea Bag - to remind you to relax daily and go over that list of God's blessings...1 Thess 5:18
This is my gift to you. May God richly bless you.
back to top of page
(Give this to anyone who you think needs to know that they are loved.)