This file includes gratitude and appreciation, miracle, thankfulness and thank you cards, blessings, peace, and pardon.
Also see Worry and Regret, Acceptance, Success and Failure, Attitude and That's Life.
Note: Songs about thankfulness, blessings, pardon, welcome, please, peacefulness, and miracles are at the bottom of the page.
- Appreciation is a wonderful thing; it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well. (Voltaire)
- Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look at the stars. (Henry Van Dyke)
- Be happy while you're living, For you're a long time dead. (Scottish Proverb)
- The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)
- The capacity for delight is the gift of paying attention. (Julia Cameron)
- A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition. (William Arthur Ward)
- Crumbs of happiness make a loaf of contentment. It is up to you to shape it all together.
- Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened
- Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is the special occasion.
- Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. (James Dean)
- Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be; you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.
- Each dawn is a new beginning.
- Each day is a precious gift. Take the time to unwrap every one.
- Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. (Robert Brault)
- Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it. (Jacques Prévert)
- Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day.
- Every exit is an entrance somewhere else. (Tom Stoppard)
- Every night ask yourself--what has this day brought me, and what have I given it?
- Every now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness to just be happy.
- Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. (William Arthur Ward)
- For every joy that passes, something beautiful remains.
- Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect. (Jean Jacques Rousseau)
- Gratitude is one of those things that cannot be bought. It must be born with men, or else all the obligations in the world will not create it. (Lord Halifax)
- Gratitude is the best attitude.
- Gratitude is the hearts memory. (French Proverb)
- Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. (Melody Beattie)
- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. (Storm Jameson)
- Happiness depends, as Nature shows, Less on exterior things than most suppose. (William Cowper)
- A happy life is built up of little clumps of violets noticed along the roadside.
- The happy man is not he who seems thus to others, but who seems thus to himself. (Publilius Syrus)
- Have faith in the human spirit and in each heart's capacity to make our world a better place.
- How happy a person is depends upon the depth of his gratitude. (John Miller)
- I am grateful that I am not as judgmental as all those censorious, self-righteous people around me.
- If someone buys you a $30 gift and they make $10 an hour, they paid three hours of their life to get you that gift. Be grateful. It doesn't have to cost $100 to hold value.
- If the birds forget their song...listen to a pebble instead.
- If you don't have all the things you want, be grateful for the things you don't have that you wouldn't want.
- In a full heart there is room for everything, and in an empty heart there is room for nothing. (Antonio Porchia)
- In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich. (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
- It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.
- Joy is an attitude that comes through gratitude.
- Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. (Helen Keller)
- Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. (Marcel Proust)
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
- Life's short. If you don't look around once in a while you might miss it.
- Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory. (Betty Smith)
- The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more in life there is to celebrate.
- Much unhappiness results from our inability to remember the nice things that happen to us. (W.N. Rieger)
- The next time you feel like complaining, remember that your garbage disposal probably eats better than 30% of the people in the world.
- No one ever built a statue to a critic.
- Not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.
- Nothing tires a man more than to be grateful all the time. (E. W. Howe)
- One can never pay in gratitude; one can only pay "in kind" somewhere else in life. (Anne Morrow Lindberg)
- The only person I must be better than is the person I was yesterday.
- People who complain they don't get all they deserve don't realize how lucky they are.
- Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn't stop to enjoy it. (William Feather)
- A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
- Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone. (G.B. Stern)
- Simple pleasures are life's greatest treasures.
- A single joy can scatter a hundred griefs.
- Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway. (Emory Austin)
- Take time to love the little things.
- They say a combined effort can break down the wall of impossibility.
- That some good can be derived from every event is a better proposition than that everything happens for the best, which it assuredly does not. (James K. Feibleman)
- Think how happy you would be if you lost everything, then got it back again.
- Thou Shalt Not Whine!
- To feel rich, count the things you have that money can't buy.
- To really enjoy the better things in life, one must first have experienced the things they are better than. (Oscar Holmolka)
- To receive a present handsomely and in a right spirit, even when you have none to give in return, is to give one in return. (Leigh Hunt)
- Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold. (Maurice Seitter)
- We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.
- We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have. (Frederick Keonig)
- What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday.
- When you hear an ambulance siren, train yourself to think: "How nice, someone is going to have a baby!"
- Who knows whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies. (Erich Fromm)
The Things That Count
Count your garden by the flowers,
never by the leaves that fall.
Count your days by garden hours,
don't remember clouds at all.
Count your nights by stars, not shadows.
Count your years with smiles, not tears.
Count your blessing, not your troubles.
Count your age by friends, not by years.
A summer's breeze, a smiling child,
A daffodil that's growing wild,
A deep orange sunset in the West;
Those little things, I love the best.
A still dark night with fireflies,
The laughter in my mother's eyes,
A multicolored rainbow's end . . .
Are little things that count, my friend.
A fuzzy warm puppy (licking my face),
Kisses with hugs and a loving embrace,
Rain pouring down on a roof made of tin,
Sitting under a shade (with soft gentle wind);
Those little things make life worth living.
Being kind to a stranger, caring and giving,
Laughing and sharing your hopes and your dreams;
There is nothing more precious than the little things.
What Kind of Day Shall I Choose Today?
Today I can complain about my health,
Or I can celebrate being alive.
Today I can moan that it is raining,
Or be joyful at all that grows from the rain.
Today I can regret all I don't have,
Or rejoice in everything I do.
Today I can mourn everything I have lost,
Or eagerly anticipate what's to come.
Today I can complain that I have to work,
Or celebrate having a job to go to.
Today I can resent the mess the kids make,
Or give thanks that I have a family.
Today I can whine about the housework,
Or celebrate having a home.
Today I can cry over those who don't care for me,
Or be happy loving and being loved by those who do.
I choose to have a good day!
Be grateful for the kindly friends that walk along your way;
Be grateful for the skies of blue that smile from day to day;
Be grateful for the health you own, the work you find to do,
For round about you there are men less fortunate than you.
Be grateful for the growing trees, the roses soon to bloom,
The tenderness of kindly hearts that shared your days of gloom;
Be grateful for the morning dew, the grass beneath your feet,
The soft caresses of your babes and all their laughter sweet.
Acquire the grateful habit, learn to see how blest you are,
How much there is to gladden life, how little life to mar!
And what if rain shall fall today and you with grief are sad;
Be grateful that you can recall the joys that you have had.
Stuff That Makes You Feel Good
Think about each one for a while before going on to the next . . .
- Falling in love.
- Laughing so hard your face hurts.
- A special glance.
- Getting mail.
- Taking a drive on a pretty road.
- Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
- Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
- Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
- Finding the sweater you want is on sale for half price.
- A chocolate milk shake. (or vanilla) (or strawberry)
- A long distance phone call.
- A bubble bath.
- A good conversation.
- Finding $20 in your coat from last winter.
- Running through sprinklers.
- Laughing for no reason at all.
- Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
- Watching the sunrise.
- Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).
- Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
- Playing with a puppy.
- Sweet dreams.
- Hot chocolate.
- Laughing at an inside joke.
- Swinging on swings.
- Going to a really good concert.
- Making chocolate chip cookies.
- Spending time with close friends.
- Holding hands with someone you care about.
- Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.
- Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a present from you.
- Getting out of bed every morning and thanking God for another beautiful day.
Gratitude ABC List
A - abundance, adventures, air, ancestors, angels, animals, answers, anticipation, autumn, awe
B - babies, balance, beauty, best friend, birds, books, breath, brothers, butterflies
C - care, celebrations, challenge, change, chance, children, chocolate!, clarity, comfort, commitment, compassion, contentment, courage, creativity
D - dancing, dawn, day, delight, depth, determination, devotion, dignity, divinity, doctors, dusk
E - Earth, ease, email, emotions, encouragement, energy, enjoyment, enlightenment, enthusiasm, everything, experiences
F - faith, family, father, flowers, food, foresight, forgiveness, friends, fruit, fun
G - gardens, generosity, gentleness, gifts, giggles, God, goodness, grace, grandparents, grandchildren, guidance
H - hands to hold, happiness, harmony, harvest, healing, health, hearing, heart, heaven, heritage, holidays, home, hope, hugs, humor, husband
I - ideas, ideals, imagination, innocence, insight, integrity, intelligence, intuition
J - jokes, journals, journey, joy, judgment, justice
K - keepsakes, kin, kindness, kisses, knowledge
L - land, laughter, leaves, leisure, liberty, life, light, love, loyalty
M - mediation, memories, mercy, miracles, moment, moon, mother, music, mystery
N - nature, neighbors, night, nourishment, now, nurturing
O - oceans, offspring, offspringers (parents), oneness, optimism
P - parents, passion, path, patience, peace, power, prayer
Q - quality, quest, questions, quiet, quotes
R - radiance, rain, readiness, recreation, rest, rhythm, rituals, romance
S - seasons, sight, silence, silliness, simplicity, sisters, smiles, song, soul, spirit, sun, stars, spouse, spring, summer, sunrise, sunset, surprises
T - taste, teachers, thankfulness, thoughts, time, touch, traditions, trees, trust, truth
U - unconditional positive regard, understanding, uniqueness, unity, universe, USA
V - vacations, validation, values, variety, veterans, voice, vision
W - walking, water, weather, wellness, wholeness, wife, will, wind, winter, work, world, wisdom
X - eXperience, eXcursions, relaXation, XOX
Y - yearning, yes, yesterday, yin/yang, you, youth
Z - zeal, zest, zillion, zip
Gratitude ABC Album or Blessings Book
(Use these suggestions or ideas from the list above. Make an album for your bedside table.)
Oranges (and other food)
Random Acts of Kindness
United States of America
Vision (and other senses)
Yummy (favorite foods)
Optional Number Section
5 of my favorite places
7 hobbies I enjoy
8 of my favorite people
9 months of pregnancy
My Favorite Things
(Words by Oscar Hammerstein 2nd, Music by Richard Rodgers)
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
Brown paper packages tied up with strings,
These are a few of my favorite things.
Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels,
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles,
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings,
These are a few of my favorite things.
Girls in white dresses and blue satin sashes,
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes,
Silver white winters that melt into springs,
These are a few of my favorite things.
When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things
and then I don't feel so bad.
(Edna St. Vincent Millay)
We were very tired, we were very merry--
We had gone back and forth all night on the ferry.
It was bare and bright, and smelled like a stable--
But we looked into a fire, we leaned across a table.
We lay on a hill-top underneath the moon;
And the whistles kept blowing, and the dawn came soon.
We were very tired, we were very merry--
We had gone back and forth all night on the ferry;
And you ate an apple, and I ate a pear,
From a dozen of each we had bought somewhere;
And the sky went wan, and the wind came cold,
And the sun rose dripping, a bucket full of gold.
We were very tired, we were very merry--
back to top of page
We had gone back and forth all night on the ferry.
We hailed "Good morrow, mother!" to a shawl covered head,
And bought a morning paper which neither of us read;
And she wept, "God bless you!" for the apples and pears,
And we gave her all our money but our subway fares.
Quotes About Thankfulness
- Any and all compliments can be handled by simply saying "Why, thank you" (though it helps if you say it with a Southern accent).
- God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?" (William A. Ward)
- I can no answer make but thanks and thanks and ever thanks. (Shakespeare)
- If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. (Meister Eckhart)
- Instead of bewailing the fact that we can't have all that we want, many of us should be thankful we don't get all we deserve. (Farmers Almanac)
- Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. (Buddha)
- Life without thankfulness is devoid of love and passion. Hope without thankfulness is lacking in fine perception. Faith without thankfulness lacks strength and fortitude. Every virtue divorced from thankfulness is maimed and limps along the spiritual road. (John Henry Jowett)
- Persons thankful for little things are certain to be the ones with much to be thankful for. (Frank Clark)
- Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light. (Albert Schweitzer)
- There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.
- Unthankfulness is theft. (Martin Luther)
- When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food, and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself. (Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief)
Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something.
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations.
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge.
Because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary.
It means you've made a difference.
It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those
who are also thankful for the setbacks.
Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they can become your blessings.
Quotes for Thank You Cards
back to top of page
- Anyone can say "Thanks" but not everyone has someone as nice as you to say it to!
- Baby can't thank you 'cause baby's so new
So Mommy and Daddy send their thanks to you
- Being remembered in such a nice way
means a lot more than just 'thank you' can say!
- From thankful me to thoughtful you . . .
What a lovely thing for you to do.
- I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you, my heart has no bottom!
- I'll never forget that you believed in me...even when I didn't believe in myself.
- The key to success is doing; The key to happiness is to have done it.
Thank you for your time, talent and dedication to our (project, event, etc.)
- Our new baby is special and so are you. Thank you for sharing our excitement.
- The shower was lovely and this comes to say . . .
That your thoughtful gift helped to make that way.
- Some people have a way of coming in with kindness and leaving smiles behind.
- Thank you for adding to the joyful spirit of my/our birthday/wedding/special day with your presence and lovely gift.
- Thank you for being. (traditional greeting of the Seneca)
- Thank you for being you!
- Thank you for brightening up my day!
- Thank you for giving us a lasting memory of your kindness and generosity.
- Thank you for listening with your heart!
- Thank you for opening so many doors...and then seeing me through.
- Thank you for the shower gift. I'm as pleased as I can be.
It certainly was nice of you and very nice for me.
- Thank you. You have a knack for doing the nicest things.
- (front)Thanking you from my heart
(inside)This brings a special thank you,
As warm as it can be,
It was so very nice of you
To be so nice to me!
- Thanks for being the person you are
- Thanks for just being you and for doing the wonderful things you do!
- (front)Thanks so Much!
(inside)Thanks for talking to me, making me laugh, understanding, listening, helping me see things in a different light and mostly just being there for me. you're a great friend and I wanted you to know I appreciate you!
- Thank you so much for all the hours brightened by your lovely flowers.
- Front: "Thank you very much" printed multiple times in various fonts.
Inside: Well, I think you get the message
- This brings a special thank you sincere as it can be . . .
It certainly was nice of you to be so nice to me.
- We've been blessed. A new baby and dear friends like you to share our joy. Thank You.
- You always know the perfect thing to do to make me/people feel special.
- You are so kind,
you are so thoughtful,
you are so appreciated!
- You have a special way of being thoughtful. It's hard to find a special way to thank you.
- You have a way of knowing the perfect thing to do
That's why this note is coming with the warmest thanks to you!
- Your kindness and caring mean so much to me
- Your thoughtfulness is a work of heart. Thank you.
- Your thoughtfulness shows in everything you do.
Quotes About Blessings
back to top of page
- Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
- For today and its blessings, I owe the world an attitude of gratitude. (Clarence E. Hodges)
- The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. (Eric Hoffer)
- Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel.
- Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. (W. T. Purkiser)
- We've been blessed. A new baby and dear friends like you to share our joy.
- What I'm looking for is a blessing that's not in disguise. (Kitty O'Neill Collins)
(from God's Garden by Dorothy Frances Gurney)
The kiss of the sun for pardon,
back to top of page
The song of the birds for mirth.
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anyplace else on earth.
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. (Melody Beattie)
There once was a king who offered a prize to the artist who would paint the best picture of peace. Many artists tried. The king looked at all the pictures, but there were only two he really liked and he had to choose between them.
One picture was of a calm lake. The lake was a perfect mirror, for peaceful towering mountains were all around it. Overhead was a blue sky with fluffy white clouds. All who saw the picture thought it was a perfect picture of peace.
The other picture had mountains, too. But these were rugged and bare. Above was an angry sky from which rain fell, and in which lightening played. Down the side of the mountain tumbled a foaming waterfall. This did not look peaceful at all. But when the king looked closely, he saw behind the waterfall a tiny bush growing in a crack in the rock. In the bush a mother bird had her nest. There in the midst of the rush of angry water, sat the mother bird on her nest.
The king chose the second picture as the winner. "Because," explained the king, "peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. Peace means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart. That is the real meaning of peace."
back to top of page
Miracles are Everywhere
Miracles are not only
ecstatic visions or holy interventions
visited upon the chosen few.
Every moment we are alive
is full of reasons to sing
out in joyful gratitude.
Every breath we are given
is a reminder that
the glory of life is at hand.
In the people we love,
in the beauty of nature,
in the golden sun
that rises each morning--
miracles are everywhere.
Songs about Miracles
- All I Need is a Miracle - Mike and the Mechanics (1986)
- I Don't Believe in Miracles - Colin Blunstone (1972)
- I No Longer Believe in Miracles - Ada Ray (1963)
- It's a Miracle - Barry Manilow (1975)
- Last-Minute Miracle - The Shirelles (1967)
- Miracle - Whitney Houston (1991)
- Miracle in the Rain - Frankie Lymon and His Band (1957)
- Miracle of Wheat, The - Ed McCurdy (1956)
- Miracle of You - Ernie Chaffin (1959)
- Miracles - Joan Baez (1977)
- Pocketful of Miracles - Frank Sinatra (1962)
- She's a Miracle - Exile (1985)
- Verge of a Miracle - Rich Mullins (1987)
- Waiting for a Miracle - The Jerry Garcia Band (1991)
- Walkin' Miracle, A - The Essex (1963)
- You Are a Miracle - The Maines Brothers Band (1984)
- You Came As a Miracle - Dorsey Burnette (1959)
- Your Love is a Miracle - Mark Chesnutt (1991)
Songs about Thankfulness
- Danke Schoen - Wayne Newton (1963)
- I Have You to Thank - Bernie Nee (1957)
- I Thank God for You - Bill Anderson and Jan Howard (1969
- I Thank God She isn't Mine - Mel McDaniel (1976)
- I Thank the Moon - The Crests (1958)
- I Thank You - Sam and Dave (1968)
- I Wanna Thank You - Bobby Rydell (1961)
- I'll Always Thank You for the Sunshine - Buddy Cole (1957)
- I'm So Thankful - Matt Lucas (1975)
- I've Got Plenty to Be Thankful For - Bing Crosby (1942)
- I've Got to Thank You for That - Norman Wade (2002)
- Million Thanks to You, A - Bobbi Martin (1965)
- No Thanks, I Just Had One - M. Singleton and F. Young (1964)
- Thank God and Greyhound You're Gone - Roy Clark (1970)
- Thank God for Believers - Mark Chesnutt (1997)
- Thank God for Kids - Oak Ridge Boys (1982)
- Thank God for the Radio - The Kendalls (1984)
- Thank God for You - Sawyer Brown (1993)
- Thank God I Found You - Mariah Carey (2000)
- Thank God I'm a Country Boy - John Denver (1975)
- Thank God I've Got You - The Statler Brothers (1976)
- Thank God She's Mine - Freddie Hart (1977)
- Thank Heaven for Little Girls - Maurice Chevalier (1957)
- Thank the Cowboy for the Ride - Tammy Wynette (1989)
- Thank the Lord for the Night Time - Neil Diamond (1967)
- Thank U - Alanis Morissette (1998)
- Thank You, Baby - The Moody Blues (1966)
- Thank You and Goodnight - Debbie Swisher (1965)
- Thank You, Firefighters - Fireman Jim (2008)
- Thank You for Being a Friend - Andrew Gold (1978)
- Thank You for Being You - Mel Tillis (1973)
- Thank You for Calling - Billy Walker (1954)
- Thank You For the Roses - Kitty Wells (1979)
- Thank You for the Sunshine Days - Steve Alaimo (1968)
- Thank You for Tonight - Dobie Gray (1979)
- Thank You for Touching My Life - Tony Douglas (1973)
- Thank You, Girl - John Hiatt (1987)
- Thank You, Ma'am - Ray Pillow (1966)
- Thank You, Mr. Poobah - Paul Butterfield Blues Band (1965)
- Thank You, Pretty Baby - Brook Benton (1960)
- Thank You, Vets - Paulette Carlson (2005)
- Thankful 'n' Thoughtful - Sly and the Family Stone (1973)
- Thanks a Lot - Ernest Tubb (1964)
- Thanks a Lot for Tryin' Anyway - Liz Anderson (1967)
- Thanks a Million - Taco (2005)
- Thanks for Being You - Eric Weissberg (1973)
- Thanks for Being You and Loving Me - David Houston (1980)
- Thanks for Leaving Him For Me - Paula McCulla (1988)
- Thanks for Lovin' Me - Pat Roberts (1973)
- Thanks for Saving My Life - Billy Paul (1974)
- Thanks for the Buggy Ride - Ruby Wells (1950)
- Thanks for the Dance - Country Mile (1980)
- Thanks for the Memory - Ramsey Lewis Trio (1962)
- Thanks for the Mem'ries - Barbara Fairchild (1972)
- Thanks for the Ride - Count Basie Orchestra (1962)
- Thanks for the Smiles - Charlie Ross (1975)
- Thanks for the Sweet Memories - The Fiestas (1978)
- Thanks, I Needed That - Glass House (1972)
- Thanks, Mister Florist - Vaughn Monroe Orchestra (1950)
- Thanks to You - Al Perkins (1966)
- This is the Thanks I Get? - Barbara Lynn (1967)
- Wham Bam, Thank You, Ma'am - Hank Penny (1957)
- When You Thanked Me For the Roses - Judy Lynn (1963)
Songs about Blessings
- Bless His Heart - Kimber Clayton (2007)
- Bless My Broken Heart - Ronnie Self (1963)
- Bless Our Love - Gene Chandler (1964)
- Bless the Broken Road - Rascal Flatt (2005)
- Bless the Hearts of the Lonely - Ray Wylie Hubbard (1994)
- Bless This House - Dennis Day (1949)
- Bless You - Martha and the Vandellas (1971)
- Bless Your Heart - Freddie Hart (1972)
- Blessed - Martina McBride (2002)
- Blessed are the Believers - Anne Murray (1981)
- Blessed Are the Lonely - Robert Knight (1967)
- Blessed Assurance - Kim Hill (1999)
- Blessed Be - Raffi (2006)
- Blessed Blues - Johnny Jenkins (1996)
- Blessed in an Unusual Way - David Childers (2006)
- Blessed is the Rain - The Brooklyn Bridge (1969)
- Blessing After All, A - The Voxpoppers (1959)
- Blessing in Disguise - Mitch Ryder (1967)
- Blessing of Love, The - Lenny Welch (1959)
- Count Your Blessings - Eddie Fisher (1954)
- Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep - Demensions (1961)
- Counting My Blessings - Martha Carson (1954)
- Give Us Your Blessing - The Shangri-Las (1965)
- God Bless America - Celine Dion (2001)
- God Bless America Again - Bobby Bare (1969)
- God Bless Our Love - Bobby Marchan (1975)
- God Bless Rock 'n' Roll - Ron Dante (1980)
- God Bless the Child - Shania Twain (1941)
- God Bless the USA - Lee Greenwood (2001)
- God Bless the Working Man - Merle Kilgore (1971)
- God Bless You, Go With God - The Statesmen Quartet (1959)
- God Blessed Texas - Little Texas (1993)
- Good Luck, Good Health, God Bless You - Roy Rogers (1951)
- May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You - Dale Evans and Roy Rogers (1950)
- Oh, I've Been Bless'd - Bobby Taylor (1969)
- Seven Blessings of Mary - The Weavers (1960)
- She's My Greatest Blessing - Ian Tyson (1973)
- There Shall Be Showers of Blessings - Tex Ritter (1952)
- Who's to Bless and Who's to Blame - Kris Kristofferson (1975)
Songs about Pardon
- Beg Your Pardon - The Billy Vaughn Orchestra (1960)
- I Beg Your Pardon - Frank Gallop (1958)
- Pardon Me, it's My First Day Alone - Steve Alaimo (1966)
- Pardon Me, I've Got Someone to Kill - Andre Williams (1999)
- Pardon Me, But This Heart's Taken - Terry Gregory (1985)
- Pardon My Heart - Neil Young (1975)
- Pardon My Tears - The Moroccos (1955)
- Pardon My Whiskers - Wayne Raney (1950)
Songs about Welcome
- Moon Welcome - Vik Venus (1969)
- Welcome Back - John Sebastian (1976)
- Welcome Home - Garnet Mimms (1965)
- Welcome Home, Angelina - Robert Goulet (1964)
- Welcome Home, Baby - The Shirelles (1962)
- Welcome Home, Stranger - The Oklahomans (1944)
- Welcome Home to Nothing - Jeannie Seely (1968)
- Welcome in Another Year - Zoe Mulford (2009)
- Welcome into My Night - The Isley Brothers (1982)
- Welcome, New Lovers - Pat Boone (1960)
- Welcome to Antarctica - Shoppy (2003)
- Welcome to Delaware - Watermark (1999)
- Welcome to My Heart - Donnie Weaver (2008)
- Welcome to My Nightmare - Alice Cooper (1975)
- Welcome to My World - Eddy Arnold (1971)
- Welcome to New York - The Country Gentlemen (1987)
- Welcome to Texas - Brian Burns (1999)
- Welcome to the Club - Jean Chapel (1956)
- Welcome to the Sunshine, Sweet Baby Jane - Jeanne Pruett (1974)
- Welcome to Utopia - National Dust (2000)
- Welcome to Vermont - Peace (2009)
- Welcome to Wisconsin - David Anthony Berg (2007)
- Welcome to Yosemite National Tree - Bill Dana (1991)
- You're as Welcome as the Flowers in May - Foster and Allen (2006)
- You're Welcome - The Dubs (1975)
- You're Welcome to Ride - Latimore (2000)
- You're Welcome to the Club - Gary Buck (1964)
- You're Welcome to Tonight - Lynn Anderson and Gary Morris (1984)
Songs about Please
- Anna Lise, Please - Kevin Welch (1999)
- Baby, Please Don't Go - Bill Wyman (1985)
- Baby, Please Set a Date - The Destroyers (1978)
- Baby, Won't You Please Come Home - Bobby Scott (1960)
- Bill Baily, Won't You Please Come Home - Pearl Bailey (1957)
- Check, Please - Paul Jefferson (1996)
- Dinner For One Please, James - Eartha Kitt (1955)
- God, Please Protect America - Jimmie Osborne (1950)
- Honey, There Ain't No Pleasin' You - Bud Hobbs (1947)
- If it Pleases You - Billy Walker (1965)
- In Your Spare Time, Please Think of Me - Carla Thomas (1961)
- Jack Daniels, if You Please - David Allan Coe (1979)
- Janie, Please Believe Me - Johnny Crawford (1963)
- Love, Oh Love, Oh Please Come Home - Reno and Smiley (1961)
- Love Please - Rita Coolidge and Kris Kristofferson (1974)
- Love, Please Come Here - George Shuffler (2000)
- Lover, Please - Clyde McPhatter (1962)
- Morning, Please Don't Come - Dusty Springfield (1970)
- Mother, Please - Jo Ann Campbell (1963)
- Music, Maestro, Please - Freddy Cole (2007)
- No Anchovies Please - The J Geils Band (1980)
- No Chemise Please - Jerry Grant (1958)
- Operator, Long Distance Please - Barbara Mandrell (1982)
- Pass the Biscuits Please - Andre Williams (1957)
- Please - Robin Gibb (2002)
- Please Answer My Letter - Cowboy Copas (1946)
- Please Be Careful - Tom Tall (1954)
- Please Be Kind - Frank Sinatra (1962)
- Please Be Love - Mark Gray (1986)
- Please Be My Friend - Matthews' Southern Comfort (1969)
- Please Be My Love Tonight - Hollywood Saxons (1958)
- Please Be My Sunshine - The Delmore Brothers (1950)
- Please Believe Me - The Elegants (1958)
- Please Call - Freddie Scott (1958)
- Please Call Home - Gregg Allman (1973)
- Please Change the Subject - Faron Young (1974)
- Please Change Your Mind - Asia (2005)
- Please Come Home for Christmas - Charles Brown (1960)
- Please Come to Boston - David Allan Coe (1985)
- Please Convince Me - Buddy Blake (1957)
- Please Don't Ask About Barbara - Bobby Vee (1962)
- Please Don't Ask Me - John Farnham (1980)
- Please Don't Bring Me Down - Johnny Kidd and the Pirates (1961)
- Please Don't Cry - Eddie Jackson (1957)
- Please Don't Do it - Dale Wright (1958)
- Please Don't Ever Leave Me - The Cyrkle (1966)
- Please Don't Forget Me - The Six Bar Cowboys (1941)
- Please Don't Go - Ral Donner (1962)
- Please Don't Hurt Me - The Del-Vikings (1966)
- Please Don't Leave Me - Art Neville (2007)
- Please Don't Let Me Love You - Hank Williams (1955)
- Please Don't Love Him - The Knickerbockers (1966)
- Please Don't Mention Her Name - Billy Storm (1966)
- Please Don't Play a Love Song - Marty Robbins (1978)
- Please Don't Say Goodbye to Me - Solomon Burke (1978)
- Please Don't Say No to Me - The Bell Hops (1956)
- Please Don't Stop Loving Me - Dolly Parton and Porter Wagoner (1974)
- Please Don't Take My World Away - The Checkmates, Ltd (1967)
- Please Don't Talk about Me When I'm Gone - Manteca Beat (2007)
- Please Don't Talk to the Lifeguard - Diane Ray (1963)
- Please Don't Tell a Lie about Me - Lew Williams (1954)
- Please Don't Tell Him I Love Him - Sunny Gale (1961)
- Please Don't Tell Me How the Story Ends - Ronnie Milsap (1974)
- Please Don't Touch - Johnny Kidd and the Pirates (1964)
- Please Don't Walk Away - Great Plains (1996)
- Please Don't Wear That Bikini - Sonny Flaharty (1962)
- Please Forgive Me - Johnny Ace (1954)
- Please Give Me a Chance - Bobby Starr (1959)
- Please Help Me I'm Falling - Hank Locklin (1960)
- Please Help Me I'm Falling in Love With You - Janie Fricke (1978)
- Please Hurry Home - B.B. King (1953)
- Please Let it Be Me - The Orlons (1962)
- Please Let Me Prove My Love for You - Dave Dudley (1968)
- Please Lie to Me - Don Cornell (1965)
- Please Listen - Freddie Scott (1971)
- Please Little Girl - Heinz (1964)
- Please Love a Fool - The Larks (1956)
- Please Love Me Forever - Bobby Vinton (1967)
- Please, Mister Disc Jockey - The Sensations (1956)
- Please Mister, Please, Don't Play B-17 - Olivia Newton-John (1975)
- Please, Mister Postman - The Carpenters (1975)
- Please, Mister Sun - Tommy Edwards (1953)
- Please, Mister Sunshine - McLain Family Band (1973)
- Please Open Your Heart - Lucky Millinder and Orchestra (1950)
- Please Pass the Biscuits - Gene Sullivan (1957)
- Please Play Our Song - Tony Conigliaro (1964)
- Please Please, Baby - Dwight Yoakam (1987)
- Please, Please Me - The Beatles (1964)
- Please, Please, Please - James Brown and the Famous Flames (1956)
- Please Remember - Jody Reynolds (1959)
- Please Remember Me - Tim McGraw (1999)
- Please Remember That I Love You - The Reno Brothers (1996)
- Please Return Your Love to Me - The Temptations (1968)
- Please Ring My Phone - The Starlettes (1958)
- Please Save Your Love for Me - Ray Starr (1964)
- Please Say I'm Wrong - Hollywood Flames (1952)
- Please Say You Love Me - The Meadowlarks (1957)
- Please Search Your Heart - IIIrd Tyme Out (2001)
- Please Send Me Someone to Love - Gatemouth'. Brown (1985)
- Please Shut Off the Lights - Knapsack (1998)
- Please Stay - The Drifters (1961)
- Please Sunrise - Gene Chandler (1979)
- Please Take Me Back - Larry Groce (1977)
- Please Talk to My Heart - Ray Price (1964)
- Please Tell Him I Said Hello - Sue Richards (1976)
- Please Tell Him That I Said Hello - Margo Smith (1984)
- Please Tell Me - The Paradons (1960)
- Please Tell Me Why - Dave Clark Five (1966)
- Please Throw Away the Glass - Betty Cody (1953)
- Please Wait for My Love - The Valiants (1958)
- Please Write - The Tokens (1963)
- Please, Mister Postman - The Carpenters (1975)
- Pleasing You Pleases Me - The Roemans (1966)
- Pleasingly Plump - Count Basie (1963)
- Pretty Please - Shelley Fabares (1965)
- Sweetheart, Please Don't Go - The Gladiolas (1957)
- Three Teas, Please - Mira Calix (1999)
- What's the Reason I'm Not Pleasin' You? - Alvin and Franklin (1994)
- Won't You Please Be Mine? - Robin Luke (1958)
- You Gave Me Back My Ring, Please Give Me Back My Heart - Hewitt (1951)
Songs about Peacefulness
back to top of page
- Call of the Wild and Peaceful Heart - Billy Harper (1975)
- Missing Peace, The - Mark Pearson (2005)
- No Peace, No Satisfaction - Gene Chandler (1967)
- Peace in the Valley - Red Foley (1951)
- Peace Like a River - The Isaacs (1994)
- Peace of Mind - Kenni Huskey (2006)
- Peaceful - Helen Reddy (1973)
- Peaceful Easy Feeling - The Eagles (1973)
- Peaceful Path - Jeanette Alexander (2004)
- Searching for the Missing Peace - Marty Raybon (1995)
- Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace - Terry Reid (1970)
- You Gave Me Peace of Mind - The Spaniels (1956)
- You're My Peace of Mind - David Ruffin (1978)