Also see Desserts and Snacks, Beverages and Food.
- Chocolate--Here Today, Gone Today!
- Chocolate--it's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore!
- Conspicuous Consumption
- Finger-Lickin' Good
- Friends are the Chocolate Chips in the Cookie of Life.
- I Can't Believe I Ate the Whole Thing
- I'd Give Up Chocolate, But I'm No Quitter
- If At First You Don't Succeed...Have a Chocolate!
- If it's Not Chocolate, it's a Vegetable.
- I'm a Chocoholic!
- It's Never Too Early or Too Late for Chocolate.
- Life's Too Short, Eat More Chocolate
- Mmm Good
- The More I Eat, the More I Want
- Nobody Knows the Truffles I've Seen.
- Promise Me Anything, but Give Me Chocolate.
- Simply Delicious
- So Much Chocolate--So Little Time!
- Sweets for the Sweet
- Yum Yum
Quotes and Facts
- All you need is love--but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt (Charles Schulz)
- A chill in the air, a cat on the lap, a mug of chocolate, and a good book. Ah, Paradise!
- Chocolate covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.
- Chocolate doesn't make the world go around...but it helps make the ride worthwhile!
- Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives make you look younger.
- A chocolate in the mouth is worth two in your hand.
- Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment.
- Chocolate is no ordinary food. It is not something you can take or leave, something you like only moderately. You don't like chocolate. You don't even love chocolate. Chocolate is something you have an affair with. (Geneen Roth)
- Chocolate is proof that God loves us
- Chocolate is the answer--no matter what the question is!
- Chocolate flows in deep dark, sweet waves, a river to ignite my mind and alert my senses.
- Coffee, chocolate, men...Some things are just better rich.
- A day without chocolate is a day without sunshine.
- Diet tip: Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It'll take the edge off your appetite and you'll eat less.
- Do Not Disturb: Chocolate fantasy in progress.
- Everyone has a price--mine is chocolate!
- Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it I wash my mouth out with chocolate. (Charles M. Schultz)
- For the serious chocoholic, chocolate is better than sex. If you believe that, you really need to meet that special someone who can change your mind. If you have met that special someone and still believe that, I really need to know where you get your chocolate!
- Forget love, I'd rather fall in chocolate
- Hand over the Chocolate and No One Gets Hurt
- Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it's kissing the conveyor belt.
- Q. How many calories in a piece of chocolate? A. WHO CARES?
- I am a woman of many moods and they all require chocolate.
- I don't drown my sorrows; I suffocate them with chocolate chip cookies!
- I have this theory that chocolate slows down the aging process...It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance?
- I love you as much as chocolate itself!
- If calories are an issue, store your chocolate on top of the fridge. Calories are afraid of heights, and they will jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves.
- If God had meant me to be thin, He wouldn't have invented chocolate.
- If I eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate, is that a balanced diet? Don't they actually counteract each other?
- If not for chocolate, there would be no need for control top pantyhose. An entire garment industry would be devastated.
- If you can't eat all your chocolate, it will keep in the freezer. . .
. . . but if you can't eat all your chocolate, what's wrong with you?
- If you've got melted chocolate all over your hands, you're eating it too slowly.
- In heaven, chocolate has no calories and is served as the main course.
- It's not that chocolates are a substitute for love. Love is a substitute for chocolate. Chocolate is, let's face it, far more reliable than a man. (Miranda Ingram)
- Man cannot live on chocolate alone--but woman can!
- May all your moose be chocolate.
- Money talks. Chocolate sings.
- My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already. (Dave Barry)
- Next to you, the best thing in life is chocolate! (Idealistic)
Next to chocolate, the best thing in life is you! (Realistic)
- A nice box of chocolates can provide your total daily intake of calories in one place. Isn't that handy?
- Nobody knows the truffles I've seen.
- Nuts just take up space where chocolate ought to be.
- Obligation can pour a glass of milk, but quite often, love adds a little chocolate.
- The only thing better than a good friend, is a good friend with a bag of M&M's!
- The problem: How to get two pounds of chocolate home from the store in hot car.
The solution: Eat it in the parking lot.
- Put a smile on your face, make the world a better place. (Hershey's Chocolate slogan)
- Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today.
That way, at least you'll get one thing done
- Put the chocolate in the bag and nobody gets hurt.
- Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. (Sandra Boynton)
- Researchers have discovered that chocolate produced some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana. The researchers also discovered other similarities between the two, but can't remember what they are. (Matt Lauer)
- Save the Earth--it's the only planet with chocolate.
- Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar in four pieces with your bare hands--and then just eating one piece. (Judith Viorst)
- There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles.
- There are only two food groups. If it's not chocolate, it's a vegetable.
- There are times when chocolate really can solve all your problems.
- There's nothing better than a good friend--except a good friend with chocolate! (Linda Grayson)
- There's nothing wrong with me that a little chocolate won't cure.
- They've come up with a patch to help people who are chocoholics. I tried it and it did help kill my appetite for chocolate...but it tasted terrible!
- Those who say "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" haven't tasted real chocolate!
- T-Shirt Slogan: EMERGENCY ALERT: If wearer of this shirt is found vacant, listless, or depressed, ADMINISTER CHOCOLATE IMMEDIATELY.
- The 12-step chocoholic program: NEVER BE MORE THAN 12 STEPS AWAY FROM CHOCOLATE! (Terry Moore)
- Two could live as cheaply as one if one of us didn't like chocolate so much.
- The way to a woman's heart is through a box of chocolates.
- What you see before you, my friends, is the result of a lifetime of chocolate. (Katherine Hepburn)
- When life gets you down, and nothing seems to go your way, remember...you always have a friend...chocolate!
- Q. Why is there no such organization as Chocoholics Anonymous?
A. Because no one wants to quit.
Better Living Through Chemistry
Table of Elements:
C = carbon
Ho = holmium
Co = cobalt
La = lanthanum
Te = tellurium
Put them together and you get: CHoCoLaTe
My Chocolate Bunny
I love you chocolate bunny, dear,
I think I'll nibble on your ear.
And it won't do you any harm,
If I nibble on your arm.
I don't think anyone will know
If I nibble on your toe.
Oh, chocolate bunny, you're so sweet,
I think I'll nibble on your feet.
You're better than an Easter Egg.
I think I'll nibble on your leg.
I love you chocolate bunny so,
Oh no! Where did my bunny go?
Chocolate is a Vegetable
Chocolate is derived from cocoa beans.
Beans are vegetables.
Sugar is derived from either sugar cane or sugar BEETS.
Both of them are plants, in the vegetable category.
Thus, chocolate is a vegetable.
To go one step further, chocolate candy bars also contain milk, which is dairy. So candy bars are a health food.
Chocolate-covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.
The Only Thing Safe to Eat
Can't eat Beef . . . Mad cow disease
Can't eat chicken . . . bird flu
Can't eat eggs . . . Salmonella
Can't eat pork . . . fears that bird flu will infect pigs
Can't eat fish . . . heavy metals in the waters has poisoned their meat
Can't eat fruits and veggies . . . insecticides and herbicides
I believe that leaves Chocolate!!!
Songs about Chocolate
- 3 Vanilla, 2 Chocolate, 1 Pistachio Ice Cream Cones - Jensen (1961)
- Animal Crackers and Chocolate Pudding - Look Out Gabe (2006)
- Big Chocolate Cake - Debris (1998)
- Box of Chocolates - Billy Connolly (1986)
- Choc'late Ice Cream Cone - Kenny Roberts (1950)
- Chocolate - Kylie Minogue (2004)
- Chocolate and Flowers - Sweeny (2000)
- Chocolate and Strawberries - The Januaries (2008)
- Chocolate Bar - Kid Sensation (2000)
- Chocolate Bar Blues - Kate Morrison (2007)
- Chocolate Bars - Michele Payton (2007)
- Chocolate Brown Eyes - Mike Comfort (2004)
- Chocolate Bunny, The - Fern (2004)
- Chocolate Cake - Vinyl Kings (2005)
- Chocolate Cake for Breakfast - Bill Cosby (1991)
- Chocolate Candy - Art Paul Schlosser (2008)
- Chocolate Cha Cha - Chuck Cabot Orchestra (2006)
- Chocolate Cherry - Joe Tex (1968)
- Chocolate Chip - Isaac Hayes (1975)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie - Adam Payne Band (2007)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies and a Glass of Milk - Radio Neptoon (2008)
- Chocolate City - Mavis Staples (1977)
- Chocolate Everything - Uncle Rock (2005)
- Chocolate Fudge - Mannheim Steamroller (1998)
- Chocolate Kiss - Diana Drew (2006)
- Chocolate Kisses - Dean Davies (2006)
- Chocolate Ice Cream - Melissa (2006)
- Chocolate Ice Cream Cone - Johnny Richardson (1977)
- Chocolate Latte - Reggie C. (2007)
- Chocolate on the Rocks - Dickie Harrell (1962)
- Chocolate Milk - Mayhem Poets (2005)
- Chocolate Milk Mustache - Jeni-Lee (2008)
- Chocolate Milk Song - Mark Wesling and Liza Kawaller (2004)
- Chocolate Milkshake - Aaron Hedges (2007)
- Chocolate Pie - 30 Turtles (2006)
- Chocolate Pudding - Marginal Man (2000)
- Chocolate Sauce - Rachel Portman (2001)
- Chocolate Shake - Sandy Dillon (2008)
- Chocolate Song - Road Trip (1999)
- Chocolate Sundae - Harry Edison (1958)
- Chocolate Sundae on a Saturday Night, A - Doris Day (1947)
- Chocolate, Vanilla or Swirl - Michael Hearst (2006)
- Chocolates and Roses - Roger Jaep (2003)
- Cocoa - Gulliver (2006)
- Coffee and Chocolate - Kurt Patrick Geier (2004)
- Dark Chocolate - Jamie Anderson (2007)
- Double Chocolate - Space Junky (2007)
- Hamburgers and Chocolate Ice Cream - D-Styles (2002)
- Hershey Bar - Boyd Bennett (1960)
- Hot Chocolate - The Don Thompson Quartet (2005)
- Hot Chocolate and Popcorn - Mike Goodson (2008)
- I Like Chocolate - Choo Choo Soul (2008)
- Milk Chocolate - Brian and Elizabeth Falconer (2004)
- Orange Cocoa Cake - Lou and Peter Berryman (2004)
- Roses and Chocolates - Quentin Thomas (2006)
- Sweet Chocolate - Ron Trent (2008)
- Swiss Chocolate - Ginger Red (2006)
- White Chocolate - Chain of Flowers (2007)