Also see Here Comes the Bride, Weddings and Courtship.
Poems to go with disposable cameras at a wedding reception
- We have put these cameras here
So please pick them up without any fear,
Snap, Snap, and Snap some more,
there are lots of good memories and photos in store.
Please help us remember our special Day,
by leaving these cameras when you're on your way.
After all these photos are cropped
and my Scrapbook is complete,
I will be thankful, I will glad,
because thanks to you,
I'll have pictures, I would have never had!!
- I'm your camera--so have some fun,
You'll make this album a special one!
Snap away as best you're able,
Then leave me off at the guest table!
- Take this camera and have some fun.
Get some pictures of everyone!
Maybe you'll see something we didn't see.
That we can keep as a memory!
- The bride and groom have a request
So put on a big smile and look your best.
When you see some fun--take a hint!
You snap the camera and we'll make the print.
- Here is a camera
Please use it a lot,
To take pictures of
What the photographer will not.
The flash is required
Because it is night.
If you don't use it,
The snaps won't come out right.
Hold the front switch over
'Til the little light flutters
You're all ready now!!
So please press the shutter.
The perfect distance
is four to ten feet.
Any nearer or farther
Will be your defeat.
At the end of the evening
With all film exposed
Return to the Best Man,
Who'll develop the photos.
(disposable camera poem by K. Gordon)
Sit down, relax, and enjoy yourself
for a day filled with memories galore.
Please take this camera aim and shoot
and give them a reception tour.
______ and ______ are so busy
with the fulfillment of their day.
Let this be something they'll treasure
as they look back on their day.
- Showers and teas
- Shopping for gown
- Closeup of invitation
- Rehearsal dinner
- Bridal party getting hair and makeup done
- Bride's mother ready to go
- Bridal gown hanging on bedpost or chair
- Bride getting dressed
- Photos of things "old, new, borrowed and blue"
- Close up of penny in shoe
- Mother helping bride get dressed (buttoning buttons, etc.)
- Putting on garter
- Mother adjusting veil
- Bride looking in a mirror (closeup and full-length)
- Details of bride's clothing
- Bride ready to go
- All bouquets spread out on brides train
- Bride pinning boutonniere on father's lapel
- Bride pinning corsage on mother
- Bride giving bouquets to bridesmaids
- Father kissing bride on forehead or cheek
- Bride leaving her house
- Groom getting ready (tying bowtie, putting on boutonniere)
- Groomsmen getting ready
- Groom and his father
- Groom ready to go
- Groomsmen pulling "reluctant" groom into church
- Wedding rings with the invitation
- Wedding rings on ringbearer pillow
- Guests arriving
- Exterior view of ceremony site
- Bride getting out of limo
- Groom waiting for the bride
- Ushers escorting mothers to their seats
- Candle lighters
- The processional (each individual as they enter)
- Bride walking down the aisle with father/parents
- Father giving bride away
- Grandparents walking down the aisle
- Bride and groom at the alter
- Bride and groom holding hands (closeup of hands)
- Wedding party at the alter or canopy from the back
- Wide shots of audience
- Bride and groom lighting unity candle
- Bride and groom exchanging vows
- Bride and groom exchanging rings
- The first kiss
- Bride and groom being announced to guests
- The recessional
- Clergy congratulating couple
- Bride and groom leaving ceremony site
- Throwing rice or birdseed, blowing bubbles, launching balloons, etc.
Formal Portraits (before or after ceremony)
- Bride looking at her bouquet
- Bride with mother
- Bride with father
- Bride with both parents
- Bride and Groom with her parents
- Bride individually with each bridesmaid, flower girl, ring bearer
- Bride with all bridesmaids, flower girls, ring bearers
- Flower girl admiring brides gown
- Flower girl and ring bearer
- Bride with siblings
- Bride with her entire family
- Groom with mother
- Groom with father
- Groom with both parents
- Groom with siblings
- Bride and Groom with his parents
- Groom individually with each groomsman
- Groom leaning down shaking hands with ring bearer
- Groom with best man
- Groom with all of his groomsmen, flower girls and ring bearers
- Groom with his entire family
- Groom with the bride's father
- Individual portraits of everyone in the wedding party
- Soloist and Organist during the wedding
- Bride and groom
- Bride and groom with each family and then everyone together
- Bride and groom and the entire wedding party
- Bride and groom silhouetted against a stained glass window
- Bride looking at grooms ring
- Groom looking at brides ring
- Close up of bride and groom's hands clasped together with rings showing
- Bride and groom signing the marriage certificate
- Reception site (inside and out) before guests arrive
- Decoration details (place cards, table settings, centerpieces, guest book)
- Buffet table
- Entrance of newlyweds
- Receiving line
- Guests signing guest book
- Various toasts
- Bride and groom at head table
- Parents' table
- Guests' tables
- Bride and groom's first dance
- Parents dancing
- Bride dancing with father
- Groom dancing with mother
- Dollar dance
- Special family portraits to give as gifts
- Groups from specific parts of bride or groom's life
(neighbors, high school, college, relatives)
- Bride and groom with grandparents
- Band or DJ
- Cake table
- Bride's cake
- Groom's cake
- Gift table
- Gift opening
- Bride and groom sipping champagne with arms entwined
- Bride and groom cutting the cake
- Bride and groom feeding each other cake
- Dessert table
- Bride tossing bouquet
- Girl catching bouquet
- Groom removing garter and tossing it
- Guy catching garter
- Guy and girl with bouquet and garter
- Parents telling couple goodbye
- Friends decorating getaway car
- Bride and groom waving from getaway car
- Reception site after guests leave
- Bride's father with pockets turned inside out