Also see Team Sports.
- Around the Rim
- Baskets of Fun
- B Ball
- Build the Spirit
- Cheer for the Home Team
- Crashin' the Boards
- Dishin' and Swishin'
- Dribble, Pass, Shoot
- Dribble, Rebound, Shoot, Score!
- Full Court Press
- Hang Time
- Hittin' the Shot
- Hoop Dreams
- Hoop it Up
- Hoop Heaven
- Hoopin' it Up
- Hoops, Anyone?
- The Hoopster
- Hot Shots
- In the Air Tonight
- In the Paint
- Intentional Foul
- It's an Easy Two!
- Jam Session
- My Momma Taught Me That
- Nothin' But Net
- Open Shot
- Shootin' Hoops
- Slam Dunk
- Slammin' and Jammin'
- Space Jam
- Take it to the Hoop
- Taking it Home
- That was a Slam Dunk!
- Time Out
- To 'Air' is Human
- Walk This Way
- Whoop it Up
- Work the Crowd
- Zero Gravity
Enlarge the cutting diagram so it is the size you want (11" in diameter is good if you want it to pretty much fill the page). Trace the pattern on an old manila folder if you want something you can use again. Be sure to put the numbers and arrows on the patterns, as they will guide you in placement and photo orientation. When you assemble the photos on the page leave a little white space between each one.
Basketball Quotes and Humor
- Any American boy can be a basketball star if he grows up, up, up. (Bill Vaughn)
- Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up. (Red Auerbach)
- Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals. (Dr. James Naismith, inventor of basketball)
- During the opening minutes of a basketball game in which I was involved as a coach, an obvious violation occurred. One of the officials was trying desperately to blow his whistle--but absolutely no sound came out. With a thousand fans howling at him, the hapless referee inspected his whistle and extracted a small piece of paper from the neck. It was a note, which read: "Good luck tonight. Your loving wife."
- I liked the choreography, but I didn't care for the costumes. (Tommy Tune, on why he never played basketball)
- If all I'm remembered for is being a good basketball player, then I've done a bad job with the rest of my life. (Isiah Thomas)
- I've learned I can't help the team sitting on the bench. (Wilt Chamberlain, on why he never fouled out)
- They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me. (Earvin 'Magic' Johnson)
- This is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators. (Dick Vertleib)
- To win, you've got to put the ball in the macramé. (Terry McGuire)
- What you are as a person is far more important that what you are as a basketball player. (John Wooden)
- When I dunk, I put something on it. I want the ball to hit the floor before I do. (Darryl Dawkins)
- When you miss a shot, never think of what you did wrong. Take the next shot thinking of what you must do right. (Tony Alfonso)
Getting into Heaven
Three basketball coaches flew to the NCAA convention. The plane crashed and all three died. They noticed God up in the clouds sitting in a chair. God motioned for them to come into the clouds and said he wanted to know three things: Who are you? What did you do? What did people think of you?
The first coach said, "I'm Mike Krzyzewski. I was the second best coach in the nation. I won two national championships and I always got the best recruits. The people of Durham think I'm great."
God said, "Fine, Mike, stand on my right side."
The next coach said, I'm Bob Knight. I was the third best coach in the nation. I won three National Championships, my teams were consistently ranked in the top 25, and won at least twenty games nearly every year. Hoosier fans think I'm great."
God said, "Fine Bob, stand on my left side."
The third coach stood before God and said, "I'm Roy Williams and I took the most storied program in college basketball from probation and turned it into a consistent top five program. I've won at least twenty-five games a season and taken my team to the NCAA tournament eleven times in a row, with nine Sweet Sixteen and two Final Four appearances while graduating over 93 percent of my players . . . and KU fans think you're sitting in my chair."
Songs about Basketball
- Basketball - Lil Bow Wow (2002)
- I Wish - Skee-Lo (1995)
- Michael Jordan - Five for Fighting (2000)
- Put it on the Line - CIU (2008)
- Shooting Hoops - G. Love (1994)
- White Men Can't Jump - Riff (1992)