The file is dedicated to the United States Marine Corps.
Also see Military and Military Connections.
- All American Hero
- American Hero
- Blessed are the Peacemakers
- By Sea and By Land (former motto)
- The Few, the Proud, the Marines
- First to Fight
- Freedom for All
- Greatest American Hero
- Keeping America Safe
- Kiss the Boys Goodbye
- Lest We Forget
- Made in the USA
- Magnificent Marines
- Making America Proud
- Men of Honor
- My American Hero
- My Hero
- No Pain, No Gain
- An Officer and a Gentleman
- Once a Marine, Always a Marine!
- The Patriot
- Peace in Our Time
- Peace is Our Only Product
- Reporting for Duty
- Quarters, Sweet Quarters
- Serving His Country
- Semper Fidelis (Marines Motto: Always Faithful)
- Send in the Marines
- Such is the Life of a Military Wife
- Swift, Silent and Deadly
- Their Finest Hour
- Unsung Hero
- We Salute You
- What You Call Being a Hero,
I Call Just Doing My Job.
- With Fortitude (former motto)
- Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there. (LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC)
- The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle. (Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army)
- Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share. (Ned Dolan)
- I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the traditions for generations of warriors past. (Cpl. Jeff Sornig, USMC)
- The Marines have landed and the situation is well in hand. (Richard Harding Davis
- Old Marines never die, they just go to hell to regroup.
- They (women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines. (LtGen Thomas Holcomb USMC)
- Warriors by Day, Lovers by Night, Professionals by Choice, And Marines by the Grace of God.
- See more Quotes about Marines.
- Color copy ribbons, medals, stripes, etc. Use them for borders or in place of stickers and die-cuts. Try placing them on paper that is the same color as the uniform and matting some of the pictures with the same color paper.
- Copy some headlines off CNN to show what was going on in the world at the time.
See A Marine Birthday (November 10), Semper Fidelis and other related poems by Del 'Abe' Jones.
From the Halls of Montezuma
To the Shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
of United States Marine.
Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in ev'ry clime and place
Where we could take a gun;
In the snow of far-off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes;
You will find us always on the job--
The United States Marines.
Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve;
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.
The United States Marine
You can keep your Army khaki,
You can keep your Navy blue.
I have the world's best fighting man,
Uncle Sam ever knew.
His uniform is different,
The best you've ever seen.
The German's call him "Devil dog",
His real name is "Marine".
He was born in boot camp,
The place where God forgot.
D.I.'s breathing down his neck,
The sun so blazing hot.
He gets up every morning,
Before the rising sun.
He'll run his required miles and more,
Before the day is done.
He's deadly with a rifle,
A bayonet made of steel.
He takes the challenge given,
He's mastered how to kill.
"I've fought so many battles,
And won them as you've seen.
There is no better fighting man,
The United States Marine!"
And when he gets to Heaven,
St. Peter he will tell,
"One more Marine reporting sir,
I've served my time in Hell."
Songs about the Marines
- Bumper of My SUV - Chely Wright (2004)
- Leatherneck - Paul Revere and the Raiders (1962)
- Marines, Let's Go - Rex Allen (1961)
- Marines Hymn - Sun Harbor Men's Chorus (1996)
- Send the Marines - Tom Lehrer (1965)
- Song of the Marines - Sun Harbor Men's Chorus (1996)
- United States Marines - Sun Harbor Men's Chorus (1996)
- What is a Marine? - Ernie Maresca (1968)