Also see Girls Growing Up and Growing Up.
- All Grown Up
- All Things Grow With Love
- Getting Bigger Inch by Inch
- Growing by Leaps and Bounds
- Growing Like a Weed
- Growing Like Weeds
- Growing Pains
- I'm a Big Kid Now
- Look Who's Growing Up
- Ready or Not, Here I Grow!
- Room to Grow
- Up, Up, and Away
- Watch and See How I Grow...
- Watch Me Grow
- Watch Out, Here I Grow
- Watching ..... Grow
- Way to Grow
- When I Get Big I'll Get Even
- I kicked and stretched and wiggled, 'twas surprising how I grew.
Each day that I got bigger, I got better looking, too!
Use with monthly photos of a baby's first year.
- To graphically illustrate a baby's growth take photos of the baby every month (later every year) with a stuffed toy, doll, tennis racquet (or something to do with your hobby or occupation). Make the page look similar to a calendar or a clock.
- Take pictures of your child near certain objects in your home as they grow...like, sitting in a wagon, holding a large stuffed toy, or standing near your family car. The caption on the page could be:
Am I growing big and tall...or are things around me growing SMALL? (J.D.)
- A title for a baby/toddler page: "Watch Me Grow". Make the 'w' very small and each letter a little larger--finishing with a very large 'W'.
Page ideas - Spanning the Years
- Christmas page with eight years of sitting on Santa's lap.
- Twelve years of Halloween costumes of my daughter and her best friend.
- I Love to Laugh - laughing and smiling pictures from baby to teenager.
- Growth Chart - birth to teenager.
- My Room - from pictures of nursery--to first bed--to messy teenager room.
- You can start pages like this when a child is young and add to them as you go along or use the ideas with pictures you don't want to sort chronologically.
Never Quite Just Right
They say I'm too young,
to cross the street to play.
That I'm too old to cry,
When I don't get my way.
That I am much to big,
to swing on the garden gate.
But very much too small,
to stay up after eight.
I'm young, I'm old, I'm big, I'm small--
Do you ever think, in age and height,
I will ever grow to be just right?
There is no Rhyme for Silver
What in the world
goes stalking and balking
running and sunning
thumping and jumping
lugging and hugging
swinging and singing
wriggling and giggling
sliding and hiding
throwing and knowing
growing and growing
much too big
for last years clothes?
Grow With Me
(Alison L., title page poem for child's album)
Once I was a baby boy,
A tiny thing who brought great joy.
Time, it passed as time will do.
The months flew by and now I'm two.
Still, my growing has just begun.
Blink and you could miss loads of fun.
You say you want to watch me grow?
Well turn this page. Come on. Let's go!
(for a girl change the first two lines to:
Once I was a baby girl,
A tiny thing, a precious pearl.)
A Lazy Thought
There go the grown ups
To the office,
To the store.
Don't grow up
It takes a lot