Also see Journaling a Child's Album and other files in the Children section.
- A B C D E F G - Tell Me What You Think of Me!
- Ain't I Something!
- All About Me
- All Grown Up
- All Snuggled Up
- Almost Famous
- Another Day
- Be All You Can Be
- The Best Thing to Spend on Kids is Time
- Bless the Beasts and Children
- Bless the Child
- Book Worms
- Brief Encounters
- A Candid Moment
- Child of Mine
- Childhood is a Journey, Not a Race
- Children Learn What They Live
- Color the World With Love (crayon theme or coloring pictures)
- Couch Potato
- Day to Day
- Days of Our Lives
- Did You Ever Have to Make Up Your Mind?
- Hangin' Out
- Hangin' With the Boys (girls, family)
- Here's the Scoop
- How Do You Do It
- How Time Flies
- I Know What I Like
- I Wanna Talk About Me
- I Want to Hold Your Hand
- I'm A Big Kid Now
- Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
- Inside the Mind of a Child
- It Runs in the Family
- It's Just My Imagination, Running Away With Me
- It's the Little Things in Life That Matter
- Just Another Day
- Just Hangin' Around
- Just Hangin' Out Together (trees or playground equipment)
- Just Me and My Dad!
- Me and My Shadow
- The Mod Squad
- Mommy I Want .... Please?
- More, More, More
- The More the Merrier
- Motor Mouth
- My Favorite People
- My Favorite Things
- Only in a World of Love Can We Unfold and Bloom.
- A Picture Perfect Day
- Picture-Perfect Memories
- Precious Treasures
- Preschool Blues
- Put Your Hand in the Hand
- A Quiet Place to Sit and Think
- Raised on Country Sunshine.
- Reach High and Touch the Stars (stars stickers)
- Sharp as a Tack
- Smart as a Whip
- Snowflakes and Little Girls/Boys--There Are No Two Alike
- Snuggle Bugs
- Special Times
- A Stumble is Not a Fall
- Take Time for the Little Things
- That's Life
- These are a Few of My Favorite Things
- These Children Were Raised on Home-Grown Love
- This and That
- Warning! I am TWO!
- Way to Go
- The Way You Do the Things You Do
- When I Grow Up I Want to Be...
(photos that relate to occupations)
- Why Do Kids Grow Up?
- You Can't Fit a Round Peg in a Square Hole
Fun and Games
- Adventure Time
- The Adventures of ....
- All I Wanna Do is Have Fun
- Clownin' Around (clown stickers)
- Comic Adventures
- A Doll's House
- Down to Earth (dirt or mud)
- Everybody Have Fun Tonight
- Fun and Games
- Fun Days
- Fun at Home
- Fun, Fun, Fun
- Fun in the Mud
- Fun in the Sun
- Fun Times
- Fun With Friends
- Games People Play
- Going Wild
- Have Some Fun
- Havin' a Ball, Y'all
- Having a Ball
- Having Fun
- Hop Hop, We Like to Hop,
We Like to Hop on Pop!
- Horsin' Around
- How Fun Thou Art
- Kid Games and Nursery Rhymes
- Kids at Play
- Let the Fun Begin
- Let the Good Times Roll
(car, truck, ball themes)
- Let's Go Outside!
- Little Slugger
- The Marvelous Toy
- Me and My Toys
- Monkeyin' Around
- More Fun than a Barrel of Monkeys
- Our Little All star
- Outdoor Fun
- Patty Cake, Patty Cake
- Peek a Boo! I See You!
- Piggy Back Rides are Best
- Play is Hard Work
- Playing Around the Playground
- Playing Dirty (playing in the mud)
- Playing Hard
- Playing With My Toys
- Pretending is Fun
- Put Me in Coach!
- Saturday in the Park
- See .....! See ..... Play!!
- Sidewalk Art
- Sidewalk Chalk Art
- Shake Your Sillies Out
- Slippin' and Slidin'
- So Many Toys, So Many Choices
- So Much Fun
- Swingin' Around
- Swings are Angels' Wings
- Take Me Out to the Ball game
- Time for Fun
- Too Much Fun
- Toy Story
- Turn on the Fun
- We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun
- We're Havin' Some Fun Now
- What Fun!
Songs about Toys
- Balance Beam - Blue October (2000)
- Big Blue Balloon - John Hartford (1968)
- Breaking Your Balloon - Johnny Cymbal (1967)
- Broken Toys - Jerry Jeff Walker (1968)
- Broomstick Buckaroo - Smiley Burnette (1962)
- Cotton Candy and a Toy Balloon - Allen and Britt (1950)
- Don't Break My Pretty Balloon - Vikki Carr (1968)
- Freddy and His Go-Cart - Johnny Duncan (1960)
- Hoopahoola Boogie - Chuck Miller Trio (1954)
- Hula Hoop (Shoop Shoop) - Dave 'Baby' Cortez (1960)
- Hula-Hoop Song - Georgia Gibbs (1958)
- Jack in the Box - The Music Explosion (1968)
- Joy of a Toy - Soft Machine (1968)
- Jungle Gym - Roy Buchanan (1986)
- Kaleidoscope - Bela Fleck (2006)
- Little Red Wagon - Sonny Fisher (1956)
- My Boomerang Won't Come Back - Charlie Drake (1962)
- My Coloring Book - Mel Carter (1976)
- My Little Red Wagon - Brazos Valley Boys (1973)
- Old Toy Trains - Roger Miller (1967)
- Orange Balloons - The Flower Machine (2008)
- Pick Up Sticks - It's a Beautiful Day (2000)
- Plastic Dreams and Toy Balloons - Peter Doyle (1967)
- Plaything - Nick Todd (1957)
- Red Balloon, The - Alison Brown Quartet (1996)
- Red Rubber Ball - Bobby Vee (1966)
- Rubber Ball - The Cyrkle (1960)
- See-Saw - The Easybeats (1968)
- See-Saw Ride - Janie Fricke (2000)
- Stuffed Animals - The Murmaids (1965)
- Too Old for Toys, Too Young for Boys - Sunshine Ruby (1953)
- Top of the Slide - David Bromberg (1989)
- Toy for a Boy, A - Ray Charles Singers (1965)
- Toy Shop in the Town - Sally Starr (1958)
- Toy Telephone - Johnny Bush (1974)
- Toy Tiger, The - Victor Young (1955)
- Toy Trumpet, The - The Beau Hunks (1995)
- Toys - Eileen Barton (1953)
- Toys and Games - Judd Erickson (1993)
- Toys for American Boys - James Young (1994)
- Toyshop Ballet - Mantovani and His Orchestra (1956)
- Two-Dollar Toy, A - Stoney Edwards (1971)
- Wind-Up Toys - The Electric Prunes (1967)
- Won't You Ride in My Little Red Wagon? - Willie Nelson (1980)
- Yellow Balloon - Gary Zekley (1967)
- Yo-Yo - The Osmond Brothers (1971)
- Your Little Red Wagon - Darrell Glenn (1956)
The Light of My Life
No earthly joy could bring more pleasure than a little child to love and treasure.
- #1 Kid of the Year
- All God's Children
- Bless This Child
- Children are a Gift of God
- Children are Life's Treasures
- Children are Poor Men's Riches
- Children are the Flowers
in the Garden of Life
- Cool Kids
- Daddy's Little Buddy
- Dad's New Best Buddy
- Dad's #1 Fan
- God Bless the Child
- Heart Tugs!
- I Am a Child of God
- I Love My Mommy
- I'm Special
- I'm the Only One Like Me
- Jesus Loves Me
- Jesus Loves the Little Children
- Kids' Choice Award
- My Little Charmers
- One and Only Original Sunshine Kid
- Our Rising Star
- Thank God for Kids
- You are One in a Million
- You're One in a million
- You're the Superstar of the Day!
Children put a twinkle in your eyes and a smile in your heart.
- .... is Like a Ray of Sunshine
on a Cloudy Day
- Children are a Handful Sometimes,
a Heartful All Times
- Gettin' Goofy
- Growing Up is Hard to Do
(Band-Aids, bruises, casts, etc.)
- Happy Times
- I Can't Help Myself
- I'm So Beside Myself
- It's All Small Stuff
- Jumpin' for Joy
- The Littlest Angel
- My Little Ray of Sunshine
- Our Ray Of Sunshine
- Warning! Children at Play!
- Also see Smiles and Tears
(Also see Sleeping and Waking.)
- All Wrapped up
- I'm Far From Tired
- Miles to Go Before I Sleep
- My Blankie
Busy as a Bee
I'm so busy, my mom's head is spinning.
- All By Myself
- The Amazing World of ....
- Anything You Can Do
I Can Do Better
- Barefoot in the Park
- Be Bold--Color Outside the Lines!
- Born to Build (Legos, blocks, etc.)
- Building Special memories
- Caution Kids Crossing
- Cute Things I Say and Do.
- Daddy's Helper
- A Day in the Life of .....
- GO GO GO!
- Got Dirt?
- Grease Monkey
(playing with tools)
- Helping Hand
- Hot Shots
- I Did This All By Myself
- I'll Do it Myself
- I'm Helping Mommy
- Inside, Outside, Upside Down
- Let Me Do it Myself
- A Little Dirt Never Hurt
- The Little Riders
- Look at .... Go!
- Look, No Hands
- Mother's Little Helper
- Much Ado About Nothing
- My Helper
- My Many-Colored Days
- On the Go
- A Picasso in the Making
- Requests Anyone
- See What I Can Do
- Sharing Prime Time Together
- Too Busy for the Grass to Grow Under Our Feet
- Up, Up, and Away
- Upward Mobility (climbing)
- What a Day!
- Where's the Action?
- Which Way to Hollywood
- Wild Thing, You Make My Heart Sing
Cute--and Not So Cute!
Also see Pretty is as Pretty Does.
- Button, Button, Who's Got the Button?
- Cowboys Don't Take Baths...We Just Dust Off.
- Easier Said Than Done (shoe tying, etc.)
- A Face Only a Mother Can Love (dirty faces, kids making faces)
- Funny Faces
- Grass Stains
- Little Charmers
- Pretty Cheeky
- When You're Close to the Ground, There's More Dirt to Be Found!
- Wild Child
Stacy Kocur did a page using the title "Wild Thing, You Make My Heart Sing". The letters for Wild Thing were large and cut out of various animal prints. The other letters were animal print sticker letters but could be cut out as well. She had a picture of her son and music notes and wild animal stickers on the page along with a letter telling him how much he meant to her and some of the things she loved about him.
Then and Now Sentiments Album
I made a Then and Now sentiments album showing my children as babies or very young on left side of a two-page spread and then a recent photo on the right. Since my children are fifteen, eighteen, and twenty, there was quite a difference in the pictures. I originally made the album to show potential customers. I liked it so much that I made one for each of the grandparents using pictures of the kids with the grandparents when they were very young and then recently photos. You could put the most recent picture in a photo sleeve and change it at the child gets older. (Bet)
Sentiments Album Idea
My niece, Kristy Helton made this for her son. She based it on, Brown Bear, Brown Bear Who Do You See? (by Bill Martin). She put a photo of her son on the first page and wrote, "Traeton, Traeton, who do you see?" Turn the page . . . "I see Ashlyn (sister) looking at me" with a picture of Ashlyn. Then, "Ashlyn, Ashlyn, who do you see?" Turn the page . . . " I see Trent (brother) looking at me." Each page had a different family member including pets and grandparents. The last page had a picture of the whole family with the words, "I see the Heltons looking at me." (By LisaCMC)
- Where's My Daddy?--He's Taking the Pictures!
One of my customers used this title when she realized that the photos of her daughter's first week were of baby, mom and grandparents--since Dad was the only one who took photos. (Denny Davis)
- Take photos from a child's eye level.
- Send a disposable camera to the baby-sitters or preschool.
- What Do I Want to Be? Use extra and duplicate photos of children that fit with various occupations. For example: playing in the trash--garbage man; wearing sunglasses--movie star; wearing a bathing suit--Miss America; playing with your pots and pans--chef; etc.
- Take a photo of a child in something the parent wore at the same age.
- Draw a road all around the page for a border. Put various vehicle stickers on the road. Use with photos of your child on trikes, toy cars, etc. If they were born on Thursday use the title "Thursday's Child Has Far to Go" otherwise use "On the Go"
- Cut photos of your child in the shapes of the letters of his/her name. Or use small photos to form the letters of their name.
- Put photos of the child up to mischief. Put thin strips of black paper vertically on the page to look like a jail cell. Next to the bars write things like "You can't prove a thing", "Innocent?", "You have the right to remain silent", "Lock him up and throw away the key", etc. (Janell Fisher)
Bee Sticker Page Ideas
For NSD I put together a kit for each customer with a zigzag ruler; a 12" strip of green paper, with the zig zag cut out on one side; five yellow triangles and four purple polka dot triangles; and bumblebee stickers.
The pages I did for examples were--one on black (looks great with those colors!) with outdoor pics of my daughter in pre-k. I titled it "We were Busy as Bees in Preschool!" The other was a sentiments 2-page spread, with the yellow and purple triangles alternating in the open areas of the green zigzags on the outside edges of the pages. The title is "Meet My Honeys!". (Momof6)
For other page toppers that work with bee stickers see Insects.
Accept your children for who they are and who you want them to be.
Believe in your natural instincts and abilities.
Care about everything your children have to say.
Devote quality time to each of your children individually.
Enjoy every moment.
Follow your heart when in doubt.
Give in sometimes.
Hug your kids every day.
Insist on respect.
Jump for joy at your kid's accomplishments.
Kiss your children often.
Love your kids with all your heart.
Manage your time wisely.
Nurture your children in every possible way.
Open your heart and soul to your children.
Practice what you preach.
Quantity of quality time.
Remember that you too were once a child.
Satisfy your own cravings sometimes.
Teach your children what you have learned from experience.
Understand that no two kids are the same and they all have different needs.
Verify the facts before making accusations.
Welcome suggestions and ideas.
X-pect that there will be some bad days.
You are the one in charge, not your kids.
Zoom in on your hopes and dreams for your children, they are our future.
For more ABC ideas see Children ABC Lists.
Amazing . . . . . acknowledge them
Believable . . . . . trust them
Childlike . . . . . allow them
Divine . . . . . honor them
Energetic . . . . . nourish them
Fallible . . . . . embrace them
Gifts . . . . . treasure them
Here now . . . . . be with them
Innocent . . . . . delight with them
Joyful . . . . . appreciate them
Kindhearted . . . . . learn from them
Lovable . . . . . cherish them
Magical . . . . . fly with them
Noble . . . . . esteem them
Open minded . . . . . respect them
Precious . . . . . value them
Questioners . . . . . encourage them
Resourceful . . . . . support them
Spontaneous . . . . . enjoy them
Talented . . . . . believe in them
Unique . . . . . affirm them
Vulnerable . . . . . protect them
Whole . . . . . recognize them
Xtra special . . . . . celebrate them
Yearning . . . . . notice them
Zany . . . . . laugh with them
Songs about Children
- All His Children - Charley Pride and Henry Mancini (1972)
- American Child - Phil Vassar (2003)
- Aphrodite's Child - Dick Campbell (1965)
- Back to the Heartbreak Kid - Restless Heart (1986)
- Billy the Kid - Billy Dean (1992)
- Child in a Barren Land - Janis Ian (1992)
- Child in Time - Deep Purple (1970)
- Child of Clay - Jimmie Rodgers (1967)
- Child of God - Millie Jackson (1971)
- Child of Light - Gary Wright (1977)
- Child of Mine - Merrilee Rush (1971)
- Child of Our Times - Barry McGuire (1965)
- Child of the Fifties - The Statler Brothers (1983)
- Child of the Wild Blue Yonder - John Hiatt (1990)
- Child of Tomorrow - Barbara Mason (1973)
- Child Psychology - Homer and Jethro (1952)
- Child Without a Name - Howard Vokes (1964)
- Childhood - Dick St. John (1968)
- Childhood Places - Dottie West (1968)
- Childhood Sweetheart - Bobby Rydell (1963)
- Childish Things - James McMurtry (2005)
- Children Are Crying, The - Earl Taylor (1962)
- Children Cross the Bridge - Bob McFadden (1959)
- Children, Go Where I Send Thee - Jean Ritchie (1959)
- Children of Coincidence - Dory Previn (1976)
- Children of Darkness - Joan Baez (1967)
- Children of Rock and Roll - John Lodge (1977)
- Children of the World - Amy Grant (1995)
- Children's Marching Song - Mitch Miller (1959)
- Cisco Kid, The - War (1973)
- Crazy Mixed-up Kid - Tommy Duncan and His Band (1956)
- December's Child - The Baja Marimba Band (1963)
- Destiny's Children - Gene Thomas (1969)
- Fools and Children - Clint Holmes (1997)
- Friday the 13th Child - David Clayton-Thomas (1978)
- Friday's Child - Will Young (2004)
- God Bless the Child - Shania Twain (1941)
- Grown-up Children - Orleans (1986)
- Heartbreak Kid, The - Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods (1974)
- Heaven Help the Child - Mickey Newbury (1973)
- Highway Child - Bob Seger (1970)
- Hurry, Tuesday Child - Chris Connor (1971)
- I Ain't His Child - Dory Previn (1970)
- Jesamine, a Butterfly Child - The Casuals (1968)
- Jody and the Kid - Kris Kristofferson (1971)
- Just a Kid Named Joe - Joe Hinton (1965)
- Kid Games and Nursery Rhymes - Buddy Cagle and Penny DeHaven (1968)
- Kid Stuff - Barbara Fairchild (1973)
- Kiddio - Brook Benton (1960)
- Kids of the Baby Boom - The Bellamy Brothers (1987)
- Kids Say the Darndest Things - Tammy Wynette (1973)
- Kittens, Kids and Kites - Ferlin Husky (1974)
- Let the Kids Dance - Bo Diddley (1965)
- Like a Child - Julie Rogers (1964)
- Like a Child in the Rain - New Grass Revival (1977)
- Little Child - Cab Calloway Orchestra (1956)
- Little Child, Daddy Dear - Eddie Albert and Sondra Lee (1956)
- Little Children - Billy J. Kramer (1964)
- Lost Child - LaVern Baker (1953)
- Love Child - The Supremes (1968)
- Mary's Boy Child - Jim Reeves (1963)
- Mary's Little Boy Child - The Jack Halloran Singers (1957)
- Me and Billy the Kid - Joe Ely (1987)
- Moonchild - King Crimson (1969)
- Mother and Child Reunion - Paul Simon (1972)
- Mother for My Children, A - The Whispers (1974)
- Motherless Child - Richie Havens (1969)
- New Kid in Town - The Eagles (1976)
- Next Door Neighbor's Kid - Jud Strunk (1973
- No Child of Mine - Marianne Faithfull (2005)
- Nobody's Child - The Beatles with Tony Sheridan (1962)
- Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon Wine - T. Tom Hall (1973)
- One and Only Original Sunshine Kid - Lou Christie (1975)
- One Hundred Children - Tom T. Hall (1971)
- Poor Orphan Child - The Carter Family (1927)
- Problem Child - The Cyrkle (1968)
- Real Wild Child - Ivan (1958)
- Roller Coaster Kids - Noel Redding (1975)
- Saturday's Child - Hoyt Axton (1964)
- Second-Hand Child - Lamont Johnson (1979)
- She's Not My Child - Class of '64 (2008)
- Society's Child - Spooky Tooth (1968)
- Society's Child (Baby I've Been Thinking) - Janis Ian (1967)
- Songs We Sang as Children - Ronnie Dove (1976)
- Storybook Children - Barry Manilow (1977)
- Sweet Desert Childhood - Flying Burrito Brothers (1975)
- Sweetheart of My Childhood Days - Wilf Carter (1936)
- Teach Your Children - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young (1970)
- Thank God for Kids - Oak Ridge Boys (1982)
- Think about Your Children - Mary Hopkin (1970)
- Thursday's Child - David Bowie (1999)
- Tough Kid - Mitch Ryder (1978)
- Two Little Kids - Peaches and Herb (1967)
- Unborn Child - Seals and Crofts (1974)
- Wednesday's Child - Ray Conniff Singers (1966)
- What Children Believe - Shenandoah (2000)
- Where Do the Children Play? - Cat Stevens (1970)
- Why Do Kids Grow Up? - Randy and the Rainbows (1963)
- Wild Child - Scorpions (1996)