Also see Weddings, Marriage, Dating and Courtship, Love, and Valentines.
Anniversary Page Toppers
- (10) Happy Years
- (10) Years of Wedded Bliss
- Always and forever
- Always Have, Always Will
- Endless Love
- Everlasting Love
- First Love, Last Love
- Forever Hasn't Got Here Yet
- Happy Memories. Happy Times.
- The Greatest of These is Love
- I'll Love You For Always
- I'll Love You Forever
- I Just Fall in Love Again
- I Love You for Sentimental Reasons
- I Love You More Every Day
- I Will Always Love You
- Just the Two of Us
- Love is Everlasting
- Love Conquers All
- Lucky to Have Each Other
- Of One Heart
- One Heart, One Mind
- Our Love is Tied With Heartstrings
- Our Special Day
- Sharing the Love
- Side by Side--Year by Year!
- So Happy Together
- Through the years
- A Time to Remember
- Together Forever
- True Love Never Grows Old
- 25 Years--A Sterling Pair!
- Two Hearts Are Better Than One
- Undying Love
- Walk Forever by My Side
- We are Blessed
- You Mean the World to Me
- After ten years in this sacred institution of marriage, I can safely say: there's no one with whom I would rather be institutionalized!
- Anniversary--a celebration of yesterday's dream fulfilled, tomorrow's promise renewed.
- Anniversary--a time to celebrate the beauty, the gift, and the blessing of enduring love.
- Chance cannot change love, nor time impair, for love is more than a feeling. Love is a decision, a commitment to care forever.
- Don't bother me...I'm living happily ever after.
- Each year with you is sweeter than the last.
- Every day I fall more in love with you.
- Fifty years of sharing happy years and tough times make a marriage stronger and more valuable than pure gold.
- Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.
- Happiness is being married to your best friend.
- The heart that loves is always young.
- Here's to (twenty-five) wonderful years! Not a bad start.
- I fell in love twice. First was with you and second was with the person you became when you were already mine.
- I will love you not only for the rest of your life, but for the rest of mine.
- It doesn't matter where you go in life, what you do, or how much you have...it's who you have beside you.
- Knowing you'll be in all my tomorrows, makes my today so wonderful!
- Life is a journey, and I'm so glad we're traveling together!
- Life's hard journey can be endured if we travel hand in hand.
- Love begins in a moment, grows over time, and lasts for eternity.
- Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give--which is everything. Than you for all you've given to me.
- Love is a gift we can give every day.
- Love is pulling together against all odds.
- Love is what you've been through with somebody. (James Thurber)
- Love's promise is fulfilled one day at a time, one year to the next, one joy after another.
- Loving you is a wonderful way to spend a lifetime!
- Marriage is choosing someone again and again to love and to cherish with each new dawn.
- My love for you is like a circle, it has no end.
- No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century. (Mark Twain)
- Of all the joys of a long happy life, there's none so precious as the Love between husband and wife.
- On our anniversary I want to thank you for being with me for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, through thinness and thickness, in joy and in home improvement...
- There is no greater reward for loving than to grow old enjoying the life that has been created together.
- There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.
- True love doesn't have a happy ending;
True love doesn't have an ending.
- 25th Anniversary--a celebration of love as bright and enduring as silver.
- We do not remembers days, we remember moments.
- We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
- A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. (Paul Sweeney)
- A wedding is an event, but a marriage is an achievement.
- We've changed over the years, but the sparkle in your eyes is as bright as ever, and my love for you is even stronger.
- What a difference you've made in my life.
- What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined for life. (George Eliot)
- What's the earth with all its art, verse, music worth--compared with love, found, gained, and kept? (Robert Browning)
- Your anniversary is a special day when time stands still, when the past and the present blend in your memories, touch your dreams and love's sweet beginning has no end.
If I can hold a flower
and watch its petals fade,
If I can touch the well worn earth
on which my children played,
If I can hold one moment
of the times you've made me smile,
Then I can take the bad times,
for you've made them all worthwhile.
If the deepest part
of my life could speak,
then your heart would know
how I've been blessed
with grace and honor,
beyond all measure,
through these years
of loving you.
On Our Special Day
I love looking back
to where we began,
seeing us as we were
at the beginning,
then slowly leafing through
we've made together
to bring us
to where we are today . . .
I love anticipating
the days ahead of us,
wondering what we'll find
in each other,
before another year
has slipped away . . .
But, best of all,
I love being with you
where we are today,
together writing the pages
we'll remember tomorrow.
Album Title Page
Until we're grown,
we never know
Or fully realize
How sweet and kind
our parents are,
How gentle and how wise--
We simply take for granted,
From day to passing day,
Each sacrifice they make for us
In their own loving way.
But then we grow and finally learn,
The way that children do,
How much their love has really meant,
How thoughtful they've been, too--
And so this comes with all the thanks
You both deserve and more.
For there aren't two dearer parents
Than the one this album's for!
Our Love Grows
Our love is like a tree that grows
Still stronger through the years
Nourished by our laughter
And sometimes by our tears.
It shelters and protects us
From a dark or sunny sky
And like a tree--its beauty grows
As each day passes by.
(alternate version by amyt)
May your love be like
A tree that grows
Still stronger through the years
Nourished by your laughter
And sometimes by your tears.
May it shelter and protect you
From a dark or sunny sky
And like the tree
May its beauty grow
As each day passes by.
I'd Marry You Again
With tiny tears that glistened, my eyes were fixed on you.
And thinking of the life we'd share, we softly said "I do."
Our hearts were knit together from the time that we first met,
And memories were gathered, that we never will forget.
While daily living life with you, you saw the real me,
And still you chose acceptance, a lifelong mystery.
With many happy days gone by, and others when we cried,
Some days we'd share so endlessly, while other days we'd hide.
With all the ups and downs we've had, in learning to be friends,
I know that in this heart of mine, I'd marry you again.
I'd Marry You Again
Do you know how much I love you
How much you mean to me
I can't imagine my life without you
My world would be empty.
It seems like only yesterday
I first looked in your eyes
But the years have passed so quickly
Much to my surprise.
The life we've made together
Our children and our home
The memories we have to cherish
How much our love has grown.
Through the good times and the bad
You've been right by my side
You've made me smile, made me laugh
And wiped my tears when I have cried.
You are my husband, my companion
My lover, and my best friend
If I had the chance to do it over
I'd marry you again.
Fifty years ago we started our life.
It was the day we became husband and wife.
The years passed by and our children are all gone.
Now our little ones have babes of their own.
And sometimes it seems like the time went too fast.
When we reminisce of our life in the past.
But there is still one thing that I know I would do . . .
I would still spend another five decades with you.
Fifty Years Is Really Not Enough
Fifty years is really not enough
In which to plumb the depths of someone's soul.
Fifty more years, then, should be the goal:
To know the beauty of another's love,
Yearnings shape, and life-long shadows buff.
Yet life was never easy in those years.
Everest is sometimes hard to climb.
A will to love has brought you to this time,
Rich in joys that time cannot remove.
So may this day be filled with happy tears!
Anniversary ABC List
A - Anniversary, Always Yours
B - Birthdays, Belong Together
C - Caring, Close to My Heart
D - Devotion, Dating
E - Engagement (how it happened)
F - Friends, Family, Fun
G - Golden Years, Gifts
H - Holidays (traditions), Hobbies
I - Interests, I Love You
J - Joy, Just the Two of Us
K - Keepsakes, Kisses, Kids
L - LOVE, Letters
M - Many years together, Memorable Occasions, Moving
N - Nicknames, Notable Achievements
O - Our life together, Occasions
P - Pets, Parents,
Q - Quotes, Quality Time
R - Relatives, Relaxing
S - Special Times
T - Trips, Together
U - Unforgettable, Unique
V - Vacations
W - Wedding
X - eXtra Special, eXcitement
Y - You're the light of my life, Years, Youth
Z - Zoom (close up photo)
Anniversary Gift List
(first item is traditional ~~ second is modern)
1st Paper ~~ Clock
2nd Cotton ~~ China
3rd Leather ~~ Crystal
4th Fruit/Flowers ~~ Appliance
5th Woodenware ~~ Silverware
6th Candy/Iron ~~ Woodenware
7th Wool/Copper ~~ Desk Set
8th Bronze/Pottery ~~ Linen/Lace
9th Pottery/Willow ~~ Leather Item
10th Tin/Aluminum ~~ Diamond Jewelry
11th Steel ~~ Fashion Jewelry
12th Silk/Linens ~~ Pearls
13th Lace ~~ Textiles/Furs
14th Ivory ~~ Gold Jewelry
15th Crystal ~~ Watch
20th China ~~ Platinum
30th Pearls ~~ Diamond Jewelry
35th Coral ~~ Jade
Anniversary Album Ideas
- Start with your wedding photo and add a photo of each anniversary. You can include memorabilia from special outings and a list of things you accomplished during that year.
- Make an Anniversary Album for a friend's or family special anniversary--such as the 25th or 50th.
- Make an album with photos of 25th or 50th anniversaries of various family members along with their wedding photos.
- Decorate a sentiments album to give to a newlywed couple with their wedding photo on the first page and pages for subsequent anniversaries.
Find You a Partner
Find you a partner
Someone who's shy
Chase that partner
Kiss him on the sly.
Love that partner
Make yourself his wife
Then count your blessings
The rest of your life.
(This is from an embroidery pattern meant to go across the top of a sheet. The pictures were 'hillbilly' style and the one for the last two lines was a couple with small children. It would make a cute anniversary page with photos of dating, wedding, family, etc.)
from You're Still the One
When I first saw you, I saw love.
And the first time you touched me, I felt love.
And after all this time, you're still the one I love.
Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby.
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday.
They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong.
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life.
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night.
Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together.
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'.
Songs about Anniversaries
- 25th Anniversary Song - Molly Hatchet (2004)
- 51st Anniversary - Jimi Hendrix (1967)
- Anniversaries - Austin Wintory (2008)
- Anniversary Roses - Rosehill (2006)
- Anniversary Song - Phil Coulter (2005)
- Anniversary Waltz - Al Caiola (2008)
- First Anniversary - Cathy Carr (1959)
- Golden Anniversary - Nano Frog (2007)
- Happy Anniversary - Little River Band (1978)
- Our Anniversary - Red Johnson (2006)
- Our Anniversary of Love - Mike Redway (2007)
- Our Anniversary Waltz - Jerome Pearce (2007)
- Unhappy Anniversary - Geoff Healey (2006)